where to saty in miami

cheermom4

there are 4 of ud flying into miami the day before our embarkment imn may and was wondering of any really good places to stay that arent on the expensive side and maybe some great hot spots to hit for dinner or entertainment.

We are staying at the Miami Biscayne Bay Hilton (formerly Miami Radisson Downtown). Have stayed there once before and loved it. There is an elevated train stop right at the corner next to the hotel and Bayside is only a couple stops down.

We got the room for $116 but that was with my airline discount. They do offer a cruise package that includes breakfast and transportation to the ship. I think it was $159 or $169 as well. Not sure on how much you want to spend, but it's a suggestion.

Good luck

Misty

I just stayed at the River Park Hotel in Miami before my last cruise. It was not fancy, but was clean and inexpensive for Miami. The people mover station is next door and you can easily get up to Bayside for dinner. The restaurant at the hotel is not that good. The shuttle to the port was 6 dollars pp and left at 11 am. I was on the ship by noon. The shuttle from the airport to the hotel was 14 dollars. I will use them again.

Hyatt Regency is wonderful. Great lounge/bar, okay pool and the best soap in the world . . . seriously.

Marriott Biscayne Bay is nice also. There is bar and food service readily available at the pool. Also, there is a corridor of restaurants between it and the DoubleTree Inn which provides close alternatives for dining. Gaucho's steak house was very nice. There is also a deli/coffee bar that sells some dinner type foods, salads, sandwiches, pasta and pastries as well as having an extensive selection of wine if you choose to take the meal back to enjoy on your balcony.

Both hotels are close to Bayside Market (and both have people mover stops) where there is plenty of nightlife.

Archived