Westin Bayshore or Grand Vancouver

The two hotels you are thinking about are in two very different parts of downtown. The Bayshore is on the water in Coal Harbour and is very peaceful and serene. The Grand is on the busiest shopping street in downtown Vancouver, Robson, and offers a bit more of a frenetic pace. Also closer to some of the nice things Vancouver has to offer, the public library, the art gallery. I don't think you can wrong with either choice as it is a Westin. It will all depend on what you would like to accomplish in Vancouver.

Cheers,

Mike

PG 2001, 2004

Personnally as a local I would pick the Bayshore over the Grand any day (have stgayed many times at the Bayshore) it is located in a much nicer neighbourhood in my opinion and at the entrance to Stanley Park as well as on the seawall for beautiful walks + surrounded by great restaurants. It is further from shopping.

Again depends on what you want - both are great hotels

What would be your number #1 pick for a pre-cruise hotel in Vancouver? Right now we're booked at the Hampton Inn. However, there was another hotel that we had in mind. I called a year in advance and reservations hadn't opened. Now I can't remember what the name of it was. Seems like it was centrally located, maybe on the water, close to the RCI cruise terminal, etc.

Westin Bayshore (Waterfront)

Fairmont Waterfront (Waterfront)

Fairmont Hotel Vancouver

Pan Pacific (Waterfront)

Wedgewood

Le Soleil

Four Seasons

Sheraton Wall Centre

All first class hotels, all with differences regarding restaurant choices, shopping availability, access to piers etc. All should be in the same price range.

It's a difficult choice I know, but worth investigating.

Cheers,

Mike

PG 2001, 2004

There are no hotels close to the RCI berth at Ballantyne Pier - use this link - it may help you get a better idea of where the hotels are located in the downtown core:

http://www.hotelsbythepier.com/index2.php?pier=vancouver-canada-place

Cheers

Dennis

My husband and I stayed at the Westin Bayshore for two nights before one of our cruises. We loved it. We watched the sea-planes landing and taking off from our window, and Stanley Park was right across the water. The staff was wonderful and the morning breakfast buffet was delicious. If you choose this hotel you won't be disappointed! Enjoy!

Archived