How far in advance?

IslandToIsland

i would say at least a couple of months, i would ask the people running the tour, but usually we book 3 months or so, depending on when and where we are going, around holidays, i would book it asap, like rental cars in hawaii etc,

Hi all,

How far in advance should/can you book private excursions?

We booked ours about a month in advance on the Spirit.we also got coupons for drinks about the same time..just a word to the wise check with Carnival and make sure they have these on your reservation. we had problems with the drink tickets and communication from their H/O not telling the ship we had bought the tickets and we had to argue and show the credit card bill for proof.CYB!!!!:D

We booked ours in Roatan a few months out -- same with Belize. The two we took are apparently really popular and I'm very, very glad we booked early! I think for a June cruise we booked in March :)

We booked all our private excursions 4 months out only because they were recommendations of the cc boards and knew they would be really popular and then I e-mail for just to reconfirm approx. one week before we leave.

Ask the "private excusion" companies about their refund policy. Weather happens and sometimes a ship does not stop at the Port.

We were on the Pride and we met a couple that were going to their niece's wedding during one of the port stops... Puerto Vallarta... because the ship was being chased by a cat 4 Hurricane Kenneth (130 MPH). Turned out to be the largest of the season.

Yes folks, the Pacific Ocean South of the USA gets Hurricanes too... about 16 Named hurricanes each year. We don't hear too much about them as Mexico gets the brunt of these storms. They rarely make it up to California.

Anyway... make sure you can get a refund if the ship never arrives to your port, if you book privately.

We booked all our private excursions 4 months out only because they were recommendations of the cc boards and knew they would be really popular and then I e-mail for just to reconfirm approx. one week before we leave.

Ditto! I can't remember either of their names, but both were great! Easy to work with and responsive when double checking right before!

Archived