Mariner of the Seas Sept 26

frayedend

Does anyone have any updated info on Port Canaveral? The last info doesn't say if dredging has started or been completed. I am anxious to find out if Mariner will go into Port Canaveral for the cruise leaving Sept 26. I am travelling with 2 small children and a 4 hour drive to Miami does not look like fun. Song airlines doesn't go to Miami either. I am nervous about getting to the ship in time also as I think my flight gets in at about 1 PM. RCCL doesn't have any info on when they will resume operations from Port Canaveral. Any info would be helpful.

HI FRAYEDEND:o I AM ALSO GOING ON THE MARINER ON THE 26TH. i AM TRAVELING WITH MY FAMILY (22 OF US), 4 OF WHICH ARE 23 MONTHS, 3,5 AND 6 YEARS OLD. I HAVE STOPPED FREAKING OUT ABOUT THE ITINERARY. i NOW HAVE A NEW VICE TO WORRY ABOUT.....A FOUR HOUR BUS RIDE WITH 4 KIDS:( !!!!!. THE LAST TIME I WAS ON A TOUR BUS THERE WERE NO SEAT BELTS, IF THAT IS STILL TRUE THIS WOULD MEAN NO CAR SEATS AND THIS WOULD MEAN NO WAY TO SECURE THE KIDS. WE ARE DRIVING DOWN ON NEXT FRIDAY FROM CHARLOTTE AND WILL HAVE BUNGEE CORDS READILY AVAILABLE FOR UNRULY KIDS;) . I AM PLANNING ON CALLING RCI AND ASKING THEM ABOUT THE BUS/CAR SEAT QUESTION BUT WAS GOING TO WAIT UNTIL NEXT WEEK SINCE I AM VERY SURE THEY HAVE MORE IMPORTANT QUESTIONS TO ANSWER RIGHT NOW THAN THOSE. HOPE TO SEE YOU NEXT WEEK:)

Hi , we are also sailing on 9-26! We will have a 7 year old girl with us, I'm glad to see she won't be the only kid. Come join our roll call thread, the link is in the post from 80's lady. There is a group of us all getting together at grills restaurant on sat. night around 4:30 or 5:00 pm. It sounds like PC will be open to the Mariner for our sailing so let's keep the fingers crossed the dredging goes smoothly.

Have you folks sailing on the 26th been able to book your onshore excursions? I am sailing on 10/31 and started trying in August and still cannot book onshore excursions. I keep getting the run around from RCCL about new contracts, etc. This has nothing to do with the storms because they started telling me this in August. Please let me know if you have been able to book.

NR and Thanks

Frayedend, which cruise are you sailing on. We to are sailing out of Logan because of the price. Last year they showed the ALCS on Voyager which cut into my cruising time. There were a bunch of Sox fans watching in the sports bar...we outnumbered the Evil Empire fans 10 to 1.

We are flying out of logan on Song airlines on Sept 26 for a cruise on Mariner. It looks like there will be no Coco Cay or Grand Cayman. I'm anxious to see where we will go. I've heard we may stay in Cozumel overnight or go to Belize. I wouldn't mind an extra day at sea with maybe some shipboard credits :)

I hope I can catch any Red Sox games on the ship. I don't know the schedule after we sweep the Evil Empire.

Coco Cay? Our itinerary stops at Labadee. Went there last year on the Voyager and it was great. We too are flying Song. I hear Delta is in trouble and may file for bankruptcy. Just hope they hold on for another month.

I don't know if the games will be shown on the ship. Then again, ESPN has been carrying them fairly frequently. The worst part for you may be Remdawg and Don withdrawl. Can't wait for us to sweep this weekend.

I noticed that the itinerary online says labadee, but when we booked we were told that we would be going to Coco Cay instead because of political unrest in Haiti. I will have to check my ticket package that came. I think RCCL said they wouldn't be going to either Coco Cay or Labadee, but I'm not sure. Does anyone have any info?

Sorry for the second post, but my ticket package does say Labadee, and I can't find anything saying we aren't going to Labadee. So maybe we will end up there. I know when we booked we looked at what Coco Cay has because it definitely said Coco Cay, but that was a long time ago.

You must have booked, say back in Feb-April. RC stopped going to Labadee for a short time, about a month or two, because of civil unrest. They resumed going again several months ago. FYI I don't know who you booked thru, but when the boats stopped going to Labadee they did not replace it with Cococay, they were just getting an xtra day at sea.

Archived