Updated List of Alaska Websites

GMoney

GMoney:

Hi there! Thank you so much for posting the links. This past Tuesday I just booked a 14-day ultimate Alaska cruise. Waited thirteen years for this vacation! LOL I'm in major research mode right now and this will be extremely useful!

Thanks again!!!

Sea ya!

GMoney:

Hi there! Thank you so much for posting the links. This past Tuesday I just booked a 14-day ultimate Alaska cruise. Waited thirteen years for this vacation! LOL I'm in major research mode right now and this will be extremely useful!

Thanks again!!!

Sea ya!

Hi Trish - Hope you are doing well. Glad you found the thread. Congrats on your cruise! The itinerary is great. Just keep in mind you are going very early in the season, and that's going to impact what you do and don't see. Independent tour operators may not be fully up and running.

Of your ports, Sitka is my favorite - a charming, authentic town. Whale watching with Capt Davey on the Esther G is highly recommended here - http://www.puffinsandwhales.com. I'd also recommended whale watching at ISP with Capt Floyd's company FISHES - http://www.visithoonah.com/fishes.

Good luck with your planning!

Hello and thank you for such a great list, we are taking our 2nd cruise to Alaska this summer. There will be two teens with us who are crazy for sled dogs, last summer we did the Juneau and Caribou sled dogs but it went way too fast for their taste. I was wondering with all your knowledge if you have come across someone that I could contact for a longer version of the sled dog encounter?? Maybe a more private tour where they could spend more time with the dogs?

Again thank you for all your hard work and information, I am going to work my way through all of it to gain more knowledge before I go this time.

Elaine

Be careful what you wish for. The problem with a "sticky" is that you can't change/edit/add to it - a moderator has to. That is why I am planning on having my FAQ list off-line and just a link to it. I have already added to your list more than once since I put it in my link!

John

I just downloaded a copy of fti's list. It seems to be more comprehensive. But his link is not corrrect in his signature line. It should be http://bobsleighphotos.com/bobsleighphotos/alaska/

Thank you so much, John!

GMoney:

Hi Trish - Hope you are doing well. Glad you found the thread. Congrats on your cruise! The itinerary is great. Just keep in mind you are going very early in the season, and that's going to impact what you do and don't see. Independent tour operators may not be fully up and running.

Of your ports, Sitka is my favorite - a charming, authentic town. Whale watching with Capt Davey on the Esther G is highly recommended here - www.puffinsandwhales.com. I'd also recommended whale watching at ISP with Capt Floyd's company FISHES - www.visithoonah.com/fishes.

Good luck with your planning!

Hi! I'm doing great... especially when I just booked an Alaskan cruise!:D I booked F.I.S.H.E.S. in ISP and looking forward to it. In Sitka we plan on going on our own and going over to the Raptor Center. Afterwards is walking around town and near the water. I'll definitely keep the other tour company in mind just in case we change our plans. I'm having a blast planning this cruise since everything is new for us. So many places to explore and I'm excited. If you have any tips please let me know.

Thanks again for the tour operator info.!

Sea ya!

• 1 month later...

Archived