The Winter Crossing Club

stowaway2k

Kyle

Well done - we shall have to see what we can put together when we get home, but it can't ever match your record of that wonderful trip - was it only last week?

We are currently at ORD and they have just told us that our tech Airbus is fixed - so we can go home too now!

Great to have met you all!

Frank and Margaret

I can't wait to see your video, Kyle, unfortunately my ancient Millenium Edition won't accept the DivX necessary for viewing it. This should be the final incentive to get me to get a new Vista model!

It was great meeting everyone.

Frank, how was your trip on No. 58?

I can't see them either. Running XP, IE7, am registered user, and have the latest viewer installed. When I click on the arrow, IE7 shuts down.

Bob, stay away from Vista. It's an unstable platform. Several of my co-workers upgraded their home computers and then were unable to use any of the cruiseline's reservation systems!

I even tried disabling all my firewalls and other security systems temporarily.

Nada.

I'm happy that those who can see it, have enjoyed it.

I'm sorry others are having trouble, especially with being featured in the slide show...:o

The file is much too large for Youtube, that's why it's where it is.

(thanks to a tip from Frank)

To steal words from another WCCer, it was an unforgettable honor and pleasure.

Thank you to all for being a part of it.

Coming Soon...

"The Final Queen Elizabeth 2 Winter Crossing Club Cavalcade of Cabins".

Maybe I should work on that title... ;)

I'm happy that those who can see it, have enjoyed it.

I'm sorry others are having trouble, especially with being featured in the slide show...:o

The file is much too large for Youtube, that's why it's where it is.

(thanks to a tip from Frank)

To steal words from another WCCer, it was an unforgettable honor and pleasure.

Thank you to all for being a part of it.

Coming Soon...

Hi Kyle,

Im very pleased to say i can view your wonderful Slideshow, it brought tears to my eyes (especialy the shots of me) :eek:

I hope to see you all again soon !!! :D

Gavin xx

Bob BRown.

I used DivX on my old computer with Millenium edition (ME) Maybe you cold go to the website and try an earlier version? Of course, that's not to say the video will work on an earlier version.

Babette,

I have had not problem accessing any of the res systems with Vista. Granted, I don't do huge amounts of booking, but I have had no problem with RCCL/Celeb or the Princess engine. I rarely book Carnival, online or otherwise, so haven't tried it. (Hmmm, we have yet another meeting Tuesday night with Katie our Carnival Rep as speaker. ho hum!) I can't remember if I have used NCL since I bought this computer.

I guess I am lucky as I have not yet run into major issues, only a few minor ones!

Karie

P.S. Kyle Great shots But I kept seeing people I knew yet forgetting the names! Eeeks! (Including, I think shots of YOU!)

Kyle, thanks so much for this slide show. So moving! And it captures and conveys the many moods of QE2 on-board life. When I viewed this, I felt like I was there again (and again and again!).

I could not help but notice: Something about your camera sure makes us all look darn good! Nice work Kyle.

Coming Soon...

I saw you here and there during this crossing's Cavalcade of Cabins, and thought "Kyle is working his magic". Appearing out of nowhere, you could sometimes be seen at the top of a stairwell as we came charging up, another time at the end of a corrider as we streamed chattily away. One can only imagine what kind of footage you were getting. I - and I know others - await your next production, whatever the title!

Lucky You! Its crashed both Firefox & IE here.....so unless anyone has any bright ideas.......:(

What version of IE are you using???? I still have V6 on my desktop at work.. and no problems. IEV7 at home.

A nice bit of work, oh you industry types.

Hi Kyle....

...any possibility of putting the WCC slides on Webshot?:)

I've already done some of the early ones for him at

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/greatmindspace/usa_jan06/usa06d.htm

and

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/pic77/qe2_jan07/qe2jan07d.htm

Enjoy.

The current ones will be on line within a month.

A nice bit of work, oh you industry types.

I've already done some of the early ones for him at

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/greatmindspace/usa_jan06/usa06d.htm

and

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/pic77/qe2_jan07/qe2jan07d.htm

Enjoy.

The current ones will be on line within a month.

Jon,

I was given one of your 3 Queens badges as a gift on the evening of the 13th. I will treasure it always and just wanted to thank you for making it possible for us to have one. Oh, I was on the Mary that morning, and it was my first time seeing the Elizabeth in the flesh. Actually, it was the first thing I saw that morning--I went out onto the (cold!) balcony, looked forward, and wow! there she was! I was wide awake then. :)

And thank you for the pictures, too.

Jon,

I was given one of your 3 Queens badges as a gift on the evening of the 13th. I will treasure it always and just wanted to thank you for making it possible for us to have one. Oh, I was on the Mary that morning, and it was my first time seeing the Elizabeth in the flesh. Actually, it was the first thing I saw that morning--I went out onto the (cold!) balcony, looked forward, and wow! there she was! I was wide awake then. :)

I will second the thanks for your making the pins available. Our good friend, Matthew, was kind enough to give all of his friends on the Zephyr one of them. :)

And, your pictures are terrific.

Bettie

Jon,

I was given one of your 3 Queens badges as a gift on the evening of the 13th. I will treasure it always and just wanted to thank you for making it possible for us to have one. :)

I will second the thanks for your making the pins available. Our good friend, Matthew, was kind enough to give all of his friends on the Zephyr one of them. :)

Bettie

A thanks to you too. I had made a few of the badges for myself and some friends and then everyone wanted one, I never expected it to quite work out that way. It is a nice way for things to go of course.

I was on Duchess for the sail out. I thought the fireworks were good but a shame it rained and we didn't get close enough to the ships.

Bettie

Actually, since there was a limit of 4 pins per customer (Matthew), Paulie got a gorgeous set of cufflinks, with Elizabeth's funnel on them!

Archived