The Winter Crossing Club

stowaway2k

I will second the thanks for your making the pins available. Our good friend, Matthew, was kind enough to give all of his friends on the Zephyr one of them. :)

And, your pictures are terrific.

Bettie

Hey I was on the Zephyr and I did not get one!

And this despite all my valiant lighting thingie twirling, that was bound to either make me notice from the three Queens or to get me committed to a mental institution, or both of them....

:D

And this despite all my valiant lighting thingie twirling, that was bound to either make me notice from the three Queens or to get me committed to a mental institution, or both of them....

...still in New York, are you ? ? ? ?

...still in New York, are you ? ? ? ?

I wish....

Still, I am back in (one of) the greatest city (-ies) in the world, cannot really complain, can I?

OK, I can, since I am slowly assuming the mantle of honorary Briton, thus becoming a Whingeing Pom (as the Aussies would sometimes call us)!

You were in a position to get your own!!!!

Matthew

Yes, I did keep asking the manufacturer of the aforesaid badges to supply me with one... still got a fridge magnet with the three Queens, so all I have to do now is to turn myself into a fridge!

I wish....

Still, I am back in (one of) the greatest city (-ies) in the world, cannot really complain, can I?

OK, I can, since I am slowly assuming the mantle of honorary Briton, thus becoming a Whingeing Pom (as the Aussies would sometimes call us)!

Is that similar to Twirling Pompoms (a cheerleading activity)? That would explain your proficiency with glowsticks...

Is that similar to Twirling Pompoms (a cheerleading activity)? That would explain your proficiency with glowsticks...

I did not know you could twirl a pompom, my understanding is that you twirl batons and the pompoms are just shaken... that is as far as I could make out when watching the cheerleaders on American Football matches... you see here in the UK, with the proper football, the game invented by the English and regularly won by us Italians, we don't have cheerleaders...

I'm sure you paid close attention!

Matthew

Which is why he knows so much about twirling pom poms, yes?

I'm still waiting for what happens when he figures out how to turn himself into a refrigerator...a magnet for magnets, I expect. Probably not what he wished he was a magnet for?

was that you?

I was afraid it was some sort of affliction!

<G>

was that you?

I was afraid it was some sort of affliction!

<G>

You're just all envious that I was able to spin those tubular orange glow-in-the-dark thingies with such charm, class, and charisma!

And they double-up as light-rods to gave directions for aeroplanes at the local aeroports (and before you start any jokes or slanderous libellious comments, I was still in the US when the plane had those problems at Heathrow!!)

Besides, with the Zephyr being so petite and the fireworks being so huge, we had to do something to get ourself noticed from the three Queens, didn't we?

:cool:

I have put a version of the WCC video slideshow on google videos

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8266781298143594403&hl=en

The quality is not as good as the Stage6 video, but hopefully those of you who could not view it on Stage6 can see it, and download it, here.

Thank you again for the nice words about the video.

Check the reflection in the mirror on the original, and then on my more acceptable version... :o

I have replaced the original so unless people have it in their browser's cache, they will not know to what you refer, however I am sure they can surmise.

I have put a version of the WCC video slideshow on google videos

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8266781298143594403&hl=en

The quality is not as good as the Stage6 video, but hopefully those of you who could not view it on Stage6 can see it, and download it, here.

Thank you again for the nice words about the video.

Well done! I can't wait to see the Cabin Cavalcade!:)

Archived