All things Independence of the Seas

So, they are really heated? :confused: I now have an amazing amount of enthusiam for the Indy! I will regularly berate my fellow yanks about the lack of respect we are showing to our UK friends. ;) :D

jc

The only problem is JC, I am sure someone at RCCL UK told me that the heating of the pools wont happen when the ID leaves Southampton and heads over the pond. It is because of lower temps here that the ID has heated pools. But if I hear anything I will be sure to let you know :)

The Independence is the only Freedom Class ship to have heated pools. :D

I have to say I am a bittie sad at the lack of enthusiasm on CC by the launch of the Independence. I remember all the hype and excitement for Freedom and even last year for Liberty. It would be nice to see the Independence receive the same treatment.

Maybe because she is homeporting here in UK that is why she isnt getting so much CC attention. :(

Here Here, Trying to find pictures of her at the yard is near impossible, its a big ship and lots of people work on or around her, so why does no one post any pictures. If I lived near the yard I would take pictures and post them every week. I remember last year CC had their own report titled "The Next Big Thing" all about the Liberty launch, but nothing for Independence..... Why :mad:

Here Here, Trying to find pictures of her at the yard is near impossible, its a big ship and lots of people work on or around her, so why does no one post any pictures. If I lived near the yard I would take pictures and post them every week. I remember last year CC had their own report titled "The Next Big Thing" all about the Liberty launch, but nothing for Independence..... Why :mad:

Hi Andy :D

Yip only 3 weeks till she is handed over and I cant believe how little we have seen of her :( Not even a report here of a visit by CC...no pics apart from the ones from one person at the yard...very very disappointing.

I dont know who is to blame...RCCL UK or Miami..or Aker..who??? but whoever should have their butt kicked big time. They have let us all down by not doing more to show the ID during her build. Just because she is the 3rd in her class doesnt mean she shouldnt get all the publicity her 2 sisters got. I am sure a lot of people are interested to see her Artwork etc to see how she differs from her sisters.

Step up to the mark someone and show us the Independence of the Seas now please.

Yip only 3 weeks till she is handed over and I cant believe how little we have seen of her :( Not even a report here of a visit by CC...no pics apart from the ones from one person at the yard...very very disappointing.

I dont know who is to blame...RCCL UK or Miami..or Aker..who??? but whoever should have their butt kicked big time. They have let us all down by not doing more to show the ID during her build. Just because she is the 3rd in her class doesnt mean she shouldnt get all the publicity her 2 sisters got. I am sure a lot of people are interested to see her Artwork etc to see how she differs from her sisters.

Step up to the mark someone and show us the Independence of the Seas now please.

I think you nailed it. If this was the first of the 'Genesis' class then the papers would be full of it. Its the third ship in the Freedom class and as such will always suffer. Add to that its sailing in Europe initially and you have the perfect recipe for apathy. It will be interesting to compare the pre inaugurals to those of the Liberty last year.

One place it will get LOTS of publicity, is Cobh, on its maiden voyage. Any excuse for a party down there and they'll take it !!!!

wow liz.....do you want to move to the states and run for president??;)

i agree with the horrible lack of entusiasm shown by the powers that be. this might explain why there are only 3 people who very occasionally show up at my new years cruise's roll call:eek:

Might get some pics next week after sea trails from our friend at the yard if we are lucky, fingers crossed :rolleyes:

There has been a couple of changes to names on the Independence.

The Dining Room names now are King Lear, Macbeth , Romeo & Juliet.

The Disco is now The Labyrinth.

I am so glad now I didnt finish my boarding outfit last week ;)

So any actors travelling on the Independence will be asking where the 'Scottish Play' Restaurant is !!!!!!

There has been a couple of changes to names on the Independence.

The Dining Room names now are King Lear, Macbeth , Romeo & Juliet.

The Disco is now The Labyrinth.

I am so glad now I didnt finish my boarding outfit last week ;)

I am sure they have used "The Labyrinth" name for the night club on other ships in the fleet?

I am also quite surprised there seems to be only a few excited about this new ship - she looks beautiful - cant wait to see more pictures - the launch looks really exciting, the lack of excitement is probably is down to her being based in the UK and many people are booked on her when she goes TA. My son (10) is really excited about seeing her for the first time in Southampton - each day from school he brings back his pictures of Independence (his cartoons of seatrials etc) and he is nearly as excited as me about sailing on her maiden voyage!!

I am also quite surprised there seems to be only a few excited about this new ship - she looks beautiful - cant wait to see more pictures - the launch looks really exciting, the lack of excitement is probably is down to her being based in the UK and many people are booked on her when she goes TA. My son (10) is really excited about seeing her for the first time in Southampton - each day from school he brings back his pictures of Independence (his cartoons of seatrials etc) and he is nearly as excited as me about sailing on her maiden voyage!!

Good for him, its great to see kids geeting excited about cruising :D

Heck Andy...what you doing awake at this time ??

A lot of the work is carried out during the night where I work (railway), fortunately my role doe not call for me to work during the night often but once in a while I have to and this week is one of those times (so I spend all night looking for cruise info on the web). Not much of fun way to spend my Birthday, I turned 35 just two and a bit hour ago :(

So Why you up at this hour of the day?

Do you know which one out of Ken and Graham will be on the sailing 2nd May - 6th May? I am hoping it is Graham as have had him before on Navigator of the Seas and he is the best CD ever!!!

Just trying to find out now for you.

The Indy is on sea trials at this moment and the internet connection isnt too good but as soon as I hear anything I will post here for you :D

Now see for me Ken is the best CD. We had Graham on the NV last summer and he just didnt have the buzz about him. Maybe we just caught him on a bad fortnight as I know the staff had a tough summer on the Med.:(