All things Independence of the Seas

Can anyone tell me please how much attention is paid to the Port Lecturers, particularly with regards to recommended shopping in the ports we will be visiting.

I am a first-time cruiser and I've been told by some people that it is illegal to shop in non-recommended shops and by others that it is usually better to shop in places that the cruiseline doesn't recommend!

How confusing!

Help please....

I am a first-time cruiser and I've been told by some people that it is illegal to shop in non-recommended shops and by others that it is usually better to shop in places that the cruiseline doesn't recommend!

How confusing!

Help please....

That is not true at all. Its up to you where you shop. Just be aware . The guides get comission for everything that RCI guests buy I have heard !! Shop where you want....

Hi everyone....just home last night from the Indy Pre-Inaugural cruise! What a beautiful ship. We had a fantastic time. :) Still a bit jet lagged, but I did manage to post my photos on webshots if anyone is interested, here they are: http://good-times.webshots.com/album/563288702TpMeic

Forgive the blurry and bad shots, I've not had time to weed them out.

Liz....it was wonderful to meet you! :)

Hi everyone....just home last night from the Indy Pre-Inaugural cruise! What a beautiful ship. We had a fantastic time. :) Still a bit jet lagged, but I did manage to post my photos on webshots if anyone is interested, here they are: http://good-times.webshots.com/album/563288702TpMeic

Brilliant photos thanks for sharing!

That is not true at all. Its up to you where you shop. Just be aware . The guides get comission for everything that RCI guests buy I have heard !! Shop where you want....

The best reason for shopping in an RCI recommended outlet is that if you have a problem with the purchase, you do have some comeback. Non RCI recommended, you're on your own.

Can someone please tell me the names of the three main restaurants (main dinning) on the Independence? If I remember well on the Freedom they were called Leonard, Isaac, and Galileo. Thanks.

Can someone please tell me the names of the three main restaurants (main dinning) on the Independence? If I remember well on the Freedom they were called Leonard, Isaac, and Galileo. Thanks.

King Lear, MacBeth, Romeo & Juliet

Thats the names on the Independence :D

Dellas1000: - brilliant report thanks, and for your photos posted previously were excellent.

Kitty: thanks for your photo tour - it was wonderful - the kitchen looked fascinating:D

You are both so lucky to have been onboard........

I just can't wait!!!

Gixer: I wondered about Ste posting as I too am a member of The Dibb and I know he posts a lot there. No Disney this year - all Cruisin' for me!!!!!!

Sorry about the mix of messages in here - :o :rolleyes:

Dellas1000: - brilliant report thanks, and for your photos posted previously were excellent.

Kitty: thanks for your photo tour - it was wonderful - the kitchen looked fascinating:D

You are both so lucky to have been onboard........

I just can't wait!!!

Gixer: I wondered about Ste posting as I too am a member of The Dibb and I know he posts a lot there. No Disney this year - all Cruisin' for me!!!!!!

Sorry about the mix of messages in here - :o :rolleyes:

The Galley tour was great, but the Bridge tour was fascinating. And being introduced to and chatting with Richard Fain was such an honor for me! (No pics of that) :( I think the one with the Captain came out good though. :)

It was a terrific time! Did everyone see Gene Sloan's blog about all the contestants getting together? What a great guy he was! :)

http://www.usatoday.com/travel/cruises/item.aspx?type=blog&ak=49274426.blog

WOW! Thank you for posting those great photos! 203 days - I can't wait.

The deck plans show the balconies on the Independence are much larger than the ones on the Navigator. Does anyone know if the Independence aft cabin baconies are larger also? Would love to see aft photos if anyone has them.

~ Judy

Hi-can anyone who was on Indie last week help out with the missing gaps on this menu please. It was served on May 1st

Greek salad

Goats cheese and Polenta

Beef wrapped around cream cheese

Potato soup

Beef stir fry with rice

We will be onboard for the TA in November and now I'm even more anxious to get to see this great new ship.

I'm also posting a request (on the meet and mingle boards) for anyone who is able to get a picture of our aft 7408 cabin so we can drool over it even more.