All things Independence of the Seas

Not a huge amount of publicity in the national papers today about Independence's arrival in Cobh . Nothing on the RTE news last night either, which I was a little surprised about. Maybe they'll show something of the departure later today.

Maybe giving away freebies to the media is no longer the way to get mentioned.

First chance to post since I got back last Friday, have been frantically packing for cruise tomorrow. I did not get chance to meet many of you on 2 nighter last week as I spent the whole time with my family as we don't get together often like that.

Alphakitty I think you sat directly behind me at the Ice show on the first night with all the other name that ship finalists :D

Liz, I know I saw you (whou could miss you right :D ) but you was always with someone or I was heading off somewhere.

First chance to post since I got back last Friday, have been frantically packing for cruise tomorrow. I did not get chance to meet many of you on 2 nighter last week as I spent the whole time with my family as we don't get together often like that.

Alphakitty I think you sat directly behind me at the Ice show on the first night with all the other name that ship finalists :D

Liz, I know I saw you (whou could miss you right :D ) but you was always with someone or I was heading off somewhere.

Didn`t get chance to say Hello too, but have a great cruise on Indy next week :D ,will think of you whilst on Liberty :cool: . Rich..................

For those lucky ones who are sailing on the Independence now, can you tell me if GS 1256 is under the whirpool and has the tinted glass? Thanks.

We're booked for Independence 11/19 room 1564 - the cabin rooms are identical on the decks plans so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Hiya

We are sailing on 21st May and, would you believe it, it is the Champions League Final between Chelsea and Man United, and..... my husband is a big Chelsea fan and would like to watch it if poss.

Any ideas whether they will be showing this onboard and where????

First night of our cruise:mad: or should I just pretend they wont be showing it anywhere!!!:D

Only joking, dont really mind, but any info would be appreciated!!

Not sure about that Build em Bigger, as we were sitting to one side with only two of the other winners, but the ice show was fantastic! :)

Well it must have been some of the other winners then, the faces were familiar from the pictures on the competition website. :D

I'm sure it was as we were all there! :) The others were seated at the end of the ice rink, facing the stage-like area. I guess we are all familiar to the online cruising world now. So much for anonymity. LOL

It was a great trip....I'm still not over the jet lag I think. :D

Did everyone see this video:?

Pretty Kool. I put it on the main page and then remembered this thread.

Hey Liz, do you like Indy better than Liberty?? Is the art neater??

I have a hunch about the names, but your Ken has one of them...good luck AlphaKitty

Hiya

We are sailing on 21st May and, would you believe it, it is the Champions League Final between Chelsea and Man United, and..... my husband is a big Chelsea fan and would like to watch it if poss.

First night of our cruise:mad: or should I just pretend they wont be showing it anywhere!!!:D

There is a good chance it will be shown in one of the bars..not being a sports fan I dont know which one but I know last summer on the Navigator they had the footie on in one of the big lounges...actually it was kinda weird to be on a RCCL cruise and see so many footie shirts around the Royal Promenade etc.

When we were leaving the ship on Friday I did notice Graham Seymour was wandering around and he usually tries to get the big footie matches shown on the ship...so you might just be lucky or unlucky ;)

Did everyone see this video:?

Pretty Kool. I put it on the main page and then remembered this thread.

Hey Liz, do you like Indy better than Liberty?? Is the art neater??

I have a hunch about the names, but your Ken has one of them...good luck AlphaKitty

Hi Becci :D

Oh tough question there....I prefered the art on Liberty...although I did love the big art hanging which was made by 20,800 reels of cotton(thread we call it) it can be found on deck 10 Aft Centrum. Also the Kylix is cool, Main Centrum Deck 5. Much better than those strange ribbons in middle of Royal Promenade on LB.

For general feelings around the ship....mmm...they would be equal...much preferred the LB & ID over the Freedom.

Hiya

Last week they had the Barcelona/Man U game showing live in the Ice Rink and also in the Kareoke Bar.

Hi all

Liz - thanks for your piccies -very nice indeed. I don't like heights and don't think I will be hanging over the 12th floor too much :D :D

Glad you had a great time........

Lisa

No worries Liz.

Glad you and Alex enjoyed your stay aboard the Indy :D

Gail :D

The Indy is beautiful and the crew are fantastic :D

If you are at Guest Relations desk and are chatting with a girl there called Stacey(from Trinidad & Tobago I think it says on her badge)....please tell her "The Child's mother" is waiting for email from her :D