All things Independence of the Seas

Hi All,

I am new to this site and new to cruising! My boyfriend and I are booked on 12/13 Caribbean cruise on Independence of the Seas. I'm having a bit of a dilemma about which cabin to choose.

Currently, I have a promenade stateroom, but I am deciding whether to downgrade to "guarantee". I basically have no idea whether the extra money is worth it in terms of the room. Neither of us is picky about the room itself, but are there other factors I should be concerned about? Or should I just downgrade to Guarantee and spend the 800 bucks on excursions? Any advice is greatly appreciated!!! Thanks!!

If you are in some special situation where the price difference is actually $800, I'd change in a hurry. However the price difference I'm coming up with is more like $350 ($1900 compared to $1550). For that difference, you might like the extra window seating and the view of the Promenade. If you paid more than $1900, call RC and tell them the current web price, and they will credit you the difference.

Hi All,

I am new to this site and new to cruising! My boyfriend and I are booked on 12/13 Caribbean cruise on Independence of the Seas. I'm having a bit of a dilemma about which cabin to choose.

Currently, I have a promenade stateroom, but I am deciding whether to downgrade to "guarantee". I basically have no idea whether the extra money is worth it in terms of the room. Neither of us is picky about the room itself, but are there other factors I should be concerned about? Or should I just downgrade to Guarantee and spend the 800 bucks on excursions? Any advice is greatly appreciated!!! Thanks!!

I'd downgrade in a heartbeat....in fact I did for our Independence Transatlantic. When we originally booked the promenade was only $20pp more than an inside cabin,so we booked the promenade. Price dropped for inside gurantee and we saved $600. We've stayed in a promenade before and I found we had the curtains pulled closed all the time. Personally I don't think the PR rooms are worth hundreds of dollars more than interior cabins!

Does anyone know if Ricardo Mock is from Panama? Let me know!

Also, we are doing Independence for the NY Eve sailing. We are trying to book the specialty restaurants but do not want to conflict with formal nights. Does anyone know the schedule for New Years (8 night) cruise?

Thanks!

Does anyone know if Ricardo Mock is from Panama? Let me know!

Also, we are doing Independence for the NY Eve sailing. We are trying to book the specialty restaurants but do not want to conflict with formal nights. Does anyone know the schedule for New Years (8 night) cruise?

Thanks!

While we were on the Independence in June, Ricardo was in the Diamond Lounge. I think he was from Panama. He said he will not be on the IOS during Christmas and New Years. We checked with him since we were sailing again on the IOS.

Good Afternoon all!!

Looking for some advice from those who have already been on the Independance! :D

We are cruising on the Indy in late November and on our last cruise (not RC) I had problems with my hair straighteners not heating up to anywhere near the desired temperature. I believe it has something to do with the voltage on my uk electronics and the US plug on the ship?? :confused:

Does anyone know if this will be the case on the Indy and if so, what, if anything, can i do to fix this MAJOR DILEMA!!! :eek:

Thank you for any advice

Sharlene

Good to hear that my straightners will work

We will be getting a taxi from Southampton coach station Harbour parade does anyone know approx how far from the Docks this is? We have sailed out of Southampton On P&O and Princess but never RCL which bit of the port do we ask the Taxi Driver for? Only 5 More days so busy busy @ the moment

It should be on your documents .... Gate / dock 10. You can't miss it. It has the biggest ship in the world there !!!

I think you will find that it is dock gate 8 ;) Unless they use more than one gate. It was gate 8 two months ago and my documents have gate 8 on them this time.

OK.... sorry..... we left from 10 and re-docked at 10.

Chuckle. It's still hard to miss!!

I wonder if gate 8 is for ABP parking :confused: , still as you say, it does rather stand out. :D

Good Afternoon all!!

Looking for some advice from those who have already been on the Independance! :D

We are cruising on the Indy in late November and on our last cruise (not RC) I had problems with my hair straighteners not heating up to anywhere near the desired temperature. I believe it has something to do with the voltage on my uk electronics and the US plug on the ship?? :confused:

Does anyone know if this will be the case on the Indy and if so, what, if anything, can i do to fix this MAJOR DILEMA!!! :eek:

Thank you for any advice

Sharlene

We were on Indy in May and I just used the european adapter with my straighteners and it worked just fine. Know what you mean about MAJOR DILEMA!! God forbid if I couldnt use my straighteners!!!!:eek:

we have booked a suite (Aft) 13dec Indy mum daughter myself,are there any benefits afforded to suite passengers or is it the same as everyone else ,this is our first time in a suite ,sailed on Freedom last Xmas ,it was wonderful.

It depends on what type of suite. If its a JS, you get double C&A points and extra room - thats about it. On higher category suites, you get a private Concierge Lounge and a number of other benefits.

We were given a JS for the inauguration cruise night on Independence. We loved the room - much bigger than the JS we had on Splendour. The walk-in closet is fantastic.

We are sailing on Independence Nov.6th,going to Vigo,madeira,etc.Wanting to do a tour on our own(not RCCL).They(local tour guide) take Euros-we have U.S. $.Where do we get Eoros,or how does this work?Thanks much-first time for us with this situation.