name your favorite

nicole9s

The soft pretzels are at the sandwich making station at lunch. You sort of have to look for them carefully because they tuck them into the bread display. They are absolutely wonderful! (But don't tell anybody because there aren't that many everyday and you sort of have to get there in a timely fashion to grab one!)

Oh, and whatever they do to the fries at the grill area near the pool, they also do to the fries at the sandwich station. Therefore, whether it be waffles in the AM and pretzels and fries at lunch, you can have all your carbs in one place!

happy cruiser 3131, sorry this took so long! In Tortola, I take a cab to Cane Garden Beach and have them let me off at the Big Banana restaurant. This is at the begining of the beach and a good ways down from the vendors and their little sheds that they sell from. All the restaurants along there rent chairs and you are no more that 20 feet from the water. The water is usually calm and warm and you can walk out a good ways before it gets deeper than your chest. I can stay in that water by the hour!

mrbill99, I think the chilled soups are better on X. They are pretty good on RCI but I think better on X. Try the Celery, Apple, Coconut one at lunch. It's like a Pina Colada without the straw!!! Creme Brulee on X definately has the ones I've had on RCI beat! No drink purchase required for pastries in Cova!

Dining Room Food - Nasi Goreng (if well made) with Sambal Oelek or Piri Piri Sauce on the Side

Buffet/Casual dining food - Grilled Chicken Wraps from Sandwich Bar

Spa Cafe food - Curried Chicken Brochettes

Cova food - Almond Croissants

Room service food (including CC and suite offerings) - Grilled Chicken Sandwich on Focaccia (I'm starting to see a pattern here :p )

Drink - Caipirinha; Martini Tasting Flight

Ship offered activity - Enrichment Lectures

Port - Bruges, Amsterdam, Aruba, Curacao

Tip for packing - Jumbo ziploc storage bags to pack clothes...no wrinkles

Tip for enjoying your cruise - (a) arrive in port the day before, stay at a great hotel, and next day, arrive early at the ship, relaxed and ready for a terrific cruise! (b) bring travel speakers for your IPOD so you can have music in your room and on your deck (quietly :o ).

Name your favorite:

Dining Room Food (and if it's a Celebrity-created dish/dressing/soup, etc describe as well)=lamb, salmon, chilled soups

Buffet/Casual dining food= waffles in am, pizza my way (vege's, extra cheese, no sauce)for late lunch

Spa Cafe food = cuke and salmon sandwich

Cova food = almond croissant am and meringes (sp?) cookies afternoon

Room service food (including CC and suite offerings)= plain old club sandwich and fries

Drink = appletini, manhatten

ship offered activity = concerts in the afternoon

port = istanbul, buenos aires, skagway, bejing

tip for packing = pack less, use big baggies, pack less

tip for enjoying your cruise = chill and

be adventurous, take a few little risks outside your comfort zone, try local foods if you're brave, eat out at least once and BE NICE ...it's easier to get what you want or need if you're nice, persistant, but nice.;)

Archived