name your favorite

nicole9s

I'm sick and cold and dying to be on my cruise right now. So I thought maybe I could get some ideas from everyone in the meantime.

Name your favorite:

Dining Room Food (and if it's a Celebrity-created dish/dressing/soup, etc describe as well)

Buffet/Casual dining food

Spa Cafe food

Cova food

Room service food (including CC and suite offerings)

Drink

ship offered activity

port

tip for packing

tip for enjoying your cruise

Dining Room Food - Chilled soups, Escargot, Creme Brulee, Ice Creams

Buffet/Casual dining food -Rotisserie Chicken, French Fries

Spa Cafe food - Muesli

Cova food - Chocolate & Almond Croissants

Room service food (including CC and suite offerings) - Orange Marmalade Butter that comes w/French toast

Drink - Limon Martini

ship offered activity - Battle of the Sexes

port - Tortola, St Maarten, Aruba (for the beaches)

tip for packing - Keep a spreadsheet, pack then take out half, when you cruise make a list of anything you forgot or needed but didn't have then add to spreadsheet when you get home

tip for enjoying your cruise - acknowledge (to yourself) things that aren't as you expected, could have been better, etc and then get over it - don't spend your trip having meetings with dept heads, etc unless you have serious issues (like water pouring in from another cabin, no a/c, etc) otherwise you waste valuable vacation time

Best Pool Food - Burgers, Fries, Italian Sausage, Onion Rings

Best Cure for Wintertime Blues - Book a cruise even if it's just a 4 or 5 night one and go lie on a beach!!!

Thanks! you made me think!

Name your favorite:

Dining Room Food - those fantastic Celebrity breadsticks I get to start every dinner off with.

Buffet/Casual dining food - the mini warm cheese croissants

Cova food - I don't have one

Room service food - chicken salad sandwiches with high tea

Drink - Daytime: BBC, night: apple martini

ship offered activity - any trivia

port - St. Kitts

tip for packing - don't over pack!

tip for enjoying your cruise - relax, enjoy and roll with the punches. Any day on a cruise ship beats a day at the office.

Name your favorite:

Dining Room Food: lamb

Buffet/Casual dining food: sushi

Spa Cafe food: poached salmon

Cova food: cappuccino

Room service food: yogurt and granola parfait

Drink: Bloody Caesertini

ship offered activity: welcome champagne (because it's the beginning)

port: Santorini/St. Lucia

tip for packing: use zip-ties on your zippers so you can tell if your bag has been opened.

tip for enjoying your cruise: don't let things bother you, you are on a cruise

and I'll add

favorite place onboard: thalassotherapy pool

favorite ship: Constellation

I have so many but Barbarah -LOVE THOSE BBC'S. We discovered them a few cruises with friends and on our last Galaxy trip last March I drank so many I gained too many pounds to mention.

Love making them at home.

Favorite martini - creamy chocolate (oh for one now)

Favorite food - lamb

Favorite activity - just chilling on our veranda

Favorite port - Curacao

Anywhere on a cruise is wonderful, especially when the temperatures are like yesterday and today - below zero wind chills and 20's.

Pat C

Buffet/Casual dining food -Rotisserie Chicken, French Fries

Spa Cafe food - Muesli

Room service food (including CC and suite offerings) - Orange Marmalade Butter that comes w/French toast

Drink - Limon Martini

ship offered activity - Battle of the Sexes

port - Tortola, St Maarten, Aruba (for the beaches)

tip for packing - Keep a spreadsheet, pack then take out half, when you cruise make a list of anything you forgot or needed but didn't have then add to spreadsheet when you get home

tip for enjoying your cruise - acknowledge (to yourself) things that aren't as you expected, could have been better, etc and then get over it - don't spend your trip having meetings with dept heads, etc unless you have serious issues (like water pouring in from another cabin, no a/c, etc) otherwise you waste valuable vacation time

Best Pool Food - Burgers, Fries, Italian Sausage, Onion Rings

Best Cure for Wintertime Blues - Book a cruise even if it's just a 4 or 5 night one and go lie on a beach!!!

Thanks! you made me think!

Hi, Tuggers,

I love the cold soups and the ice cream too!

You mentioned that Tortola is one of your favorite ports. We'll be there in two weeks. It looked quite interesting from my research. Unfortunately, there will be 5 ships in port which will probably be ghastly. I had hoped to just wander around the port and possibly take a cab to Sage Mountain for the view. Not planning to do the Baths because think they will be wall-to-wall people. A poster has been dissing this port, although I gather she just didn't like the sidewalks (!). Any suggestions and/or tips will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

The BBC is always my official 'you are on vacation' drink. I board the ship, drop my carry-on in my cabin then head up to whatever bar is open on the pool deck to order my first BBC! (On Princess they even ask you what size you want; yes, cocktails come in sizes on that line.) Once I have that first sip I know all is well, any stress melts away, and my vacation has officially begun!!

After that I have one for breakfast each morning - I figure since it has banana in it that should count as breakfast; it's fruit!! :p

Are the chilled soups as good as on RCI? My kids love those. The menus I have looked at for Celebrity don't seem to have the same fruit soups.

As for Creme Brulee, is it actually light with a real vanilla flavor, and with the nice crispy sugar coating? On RCI their CB was just awful, it had a pudding consistency and the topping was not right either. We've had creme brulee from a guy in New York (Peter Kelly, owner of Xaviars, Iron Chef winner) which is the best my family and I have ever had. The bad part of that is that anything less (and especially the awful stuff on RCI) is unacceptable to us (even my kids), even though many people might consider good. Sorry for sounding so snobbish :-).

As for Cova's croissants, you can get those for free, correct? There is no need to buy a drink to get them. On of the things I remember most from Grandeur was that you had to buy a drink or ice cream at their lobby coffee shop to get one of the muffins, cookies, etc. that they offered "free". It REALLY bothered us. My daughter loves almond croissants and the rest of the family loves the chocolate ones (do they have lots of chocolate in them???).

Name your favorite:

Dining Room Food Escargo and the shrimp cocktail was wonderful

Buffet/Casual dining food the pasta bar, all of it was good !!! or of course the waffles

Spa Cafe food all the salads were great

Cova food warm chocolate crossant, oh they are free, no drink to buy unless you want to, I always get a cappaccino cause they make them so good.

Room service food We got spoiled with CC last time and now we gotta have it for the breakfast on the deck, I love the yogert parfiet, it was great

Drink Mojita

ship offered activity Balcony reading

port We loved Costa Rica best

tip for packing have a type A hubby that does it;)

tip for enjoying your cruise relax and do what you want, it's all good

Name your favorite:

Dining Room Food - lobster

Buffet/Casual dining food- banana bread o0o so good available some breakfasts at the bread center

Spa Cafe food -melon slices

Cova food- any of the pastries

Room service food (including CC and suite offerings)-the scrambled eggs with asparagus

Drink- French Kiss (from the Cova)

ship offered activity - The Team Trivia with 4 choices ( your team ends up doing them all) includes charades , humming, drawing, & describing -LOADS of fun but I forget the real name of this activity

port-St Thomas

tip for packing- always bring 5 days extra meds "just in case"

tip for enjoying your cruise- what's the rush??? It's a holiday!

Name your favorite:

Dining Room Food escargot, Celebrity's bread sticks

Buffet/Casual dining food those little tarts with strawberries, kiwi, blueberries on top:D

Spa Cafe food the no-sugar-added apple strudel

Cova food the chocolates that come with your espresso:)

Room service food chicken wrap sandwich

Drink margarita with Petron Silver

ship offered activity Island night party on the pool deck

port ARUBA!!!:D (Hilo a close second)

tip for packing Pack light (you don't need the kitchen sink):)

tip for enjoying your cruise relax; don't try to do EVERYTHING!

Name your favorite:

Dining Room Food - those fantastic Celebrity breadsticks I get to start every dinner off with.

Buffet/Casual dining food - the mini warm cheese croissants

Cova food - I don't have one

Room service food - chicken salad sandwiches with high tea

Drink - Daytime: BBC, night: apple martini

ship offered activity - any trivia

port - St. Kitts

tip for packing - don't over pack!

tip for enjoying your cruise - relax, enjoy and roll with the punches. Any day on a cruise ship beats a day at the office.

Sorry, I don't mean to hijack this thread. I'm curious why St Kitts is your favorite port? We are scheduled to visit St Kitts again this March, and I can't decied what to do. We have done a catamaran sail, twice now. I'd like to see some of the island. you can email me if you like jdunde at hot mail dot com

Again, I'm sorry.

I am enjoying reading all the things I have to look forward to:)

rucruizin - I liked St. Kitts because it was a beautiful yet RELAXING island - perfect for my type of vacation. We had never been there before so we got off the ship and looked around the dock a little - as you know they have shops right there. I had actually made arrangements ahead of time to spend the day at the Marriott St. Kitts. So once we were done with the small amount of shopping that we did we hopped in a cab and headed for the Marriott. The cab driver was very friendly and actually asked if it was our first time to the island. When we told him yes he told us there were two ways to get to the Marriott - the fast way and the scenic way. We opted for the scenic way so we got to see the island on our way. (The Marriott had sent me cab fare rates, etc and this guy matched perfectly what they had told me.) Once at the resort we had just a wonderful and perfect sunny vacation island day - great pool, beach, drinks, BBQ lunch, space to walk and explore a while, etc. The Marriott even gave us a hotel room for the day so we could drop our things in it and had full use of every facility they had to offer. (We had not expected that at all.) And everyone we met was so friendly and proud of their home - I really enjoy that when you go to a new place.

As a matter-of-fact we enjoyed it so much that we have now booked a vacation to go back and stay there for 5-days. I have been to the Caribbean, both on cruises and as land vacations, so many times that it was great to hit 'a new' island and really just relax!

Dining Room Food Rack of Lamb

Buffet/Casual dining food Sushi

Spa Cafe food I like it allbut the desserts there

Cova food Aspen Coffee & cold frapuccinos

Room service food (including CC and suite offerings)soup in thebread

Drink--not much of a drinker

ship offered activity good reggae music

port St. Kitts, Tortola, Valencia, Barcelona

tip for packing pack light--we fit clothes for 8 days into our 5 day suitcases for our cruise on Jewel of the Seas on Sat-- happy we did! less to lug around

tip for enjoying your cruise no tips needed we just do!

Dining Room Food - Cold Pea Soup (didn't sound good, but it was)

Buffet/Casual dining food - Pasta bar (I eat in the dining room at every opportunity, so I don't know much of the casual/buffet food)

Spa Cafe food - There was a rice pudding type of dessert that was yummy

Cova food - Almond Croissant

Room service food - Some kind of a quesadilla that was yummy

Drink - Martini Delight

ship offered activity - Blackjack (does that count?)

port - Skagway

tip for packing - Pack as much as you want. It's better to take something that you find you don't need than to NOT take something and find that you need it. If you have to pay a few bucks because you go over weight on the airplane, so what? It's not the end of the world.

tip for enjoying your cruise - Talk to strangers

I'm sick and cold and dying to be on my cruise right now. So I thought maybe I could get some ideas from everyone in the meantime.

Name your favorite:

Dining Room Food (and if it's a Celebrity-created dish/dressing/soup, etc describe as well)

Spa Cafe food

Cova food

Drink

ship offered activity

port

tip for packing

The Celebrity salad dressing is my favorite dining room food, well I don't know if it really qualifies. I really love the cream of mushroom soup onboard as well. My favorite buffet food is the roast beef they have on embarkation day and the museli on the breakfast buffet. I also love the ice creams they have on board. I can't think of anything on the room service menu that was exceptional. My favorite drink would be the mango daquiris. My favorite activity is trivia. My packing tip is to bring an insulated cup/mug because the glasses onboard are tiny.

This is a great thread, definitely putting me in the mood for a cruise! Two and a half more months for me.

Terri

Name your favorite:

Spa Cafe food

Cova food

Drink

ship offered activity

port

tip for packing

Dining Room Food: Chilled soups

Buffet/Casual dining food: Breakfast-some kind of cold cereal which I think is meuselix. Lunch- the fries

Drink-Alaskan Amber beer on the Infinity to ALaska

Port-Bermuda

tip for enjoying your cruise-a good attidude and knowing that your employer cannot get in touch with you!!!

Name your favorite:

Dining Room Food (and if it's a Celebrity-created dish/dressing/soup, etc describe as well) Broiled Salmon, Chocolate Hazelnut Pudding (Mohr Im Hemd)

Buffet/Casual dining food Omelets and Philly Cheese Sandwiches

Spa Cafe food Broiled shrimp and scallops

Cova food Almond croissants

Room service food (including CC and suite offerings) Celebrity Club Sandwich with french fries and double chocolate cake

Drink Magic Martini (Stolichnaya Vodka, Frangelico, Martini Bianco, Dash of Scotch, green olive)

ship offered activity Thalassotherapy Pool, Battle of the Sexes Trivia

port Hilo, Juneau, Halifax

tip for packing take what you think you will use (the weather will determine if you actually use it all)

tip for enjoying your cruise Be friendly to friendly people and try not to be upset with unfriendly, grouchy ones.

Thats all folks

Dining Room Food : Any thing lamb but especially the melt in your mouth lamb shank

Buffet/Casual dining food: Soft pretzels and Ice Cream / Those fabulous french fries

Spa Cafe food: Have not ever eaten there but is on my "must try" list for next month

Cova food: Iced coffee creations

Room service food (including CC and suite offerings): Fruit Smoothies

Drink: Anything

ship offered activity: Trivia events and good guest lecturers

port: Icy Strait Point

tip for packing: Put it all in and then take half out

tip for enjoying your cruise: Smile and say please and thank you a lot!

Buffet/Casual dining food: Soft pretzels and Ice Cream / Those fabulous french fries
Tell me more about the pretzels' date=' where do they have them? And what's so great about the fries?

tip for packing: Put it all in and then take half out

We have a winner!

Tell me more about the pretzels, where do they have them? And what's so great about the fries?

We have a winner!

Hi Bill:) the french fries from the grill out by the pool?

They are shoe string and are yummy:D piping hot.....

I must admit I sometimes ask whoever is cooking for

a plate of just fries;) right out of that fryer...the are so

good!

Guess I'll have to add my two cents.

The creme brulee on Celebrity is a piece of heaven, Creamy in the pudding with a light covering of broiled sugar on top. DELICIOUS.

Favorite Breakfast food. Waffles

My best packing tip is using the 2 gallon zip lock bags for my clothes. It works great for keeping clothing sets together and the airport checkers don't have to spread my clothes all over and then get them wrinkled. They can see and feel what is in the bags.

Tip for enjoying your vacation. Take each problem as an opportunity to try or do something different.We couldn't go on one of chosen tours, but the substitute tour was great. My attitude is I'm on vacation, so no matter what happens it is still better than being at work. Have a positive attitude and be kind to others that you meet. Remember your manners.

I guess the Alaskan ports were my very favorites. Also my first cruise and the first time I saw mountains and the ocean. It was memorable.

Archived