Barcelona Hotels

oshawa

Could someone advise of a good hotel in Barcelona near the Los Ramblas area that you have enjoyed and would stay there again.

Please advise if you booked directly with the hotel or used Expedia etc.

Thanks.

Could someone advise of a good hotel in Barcelona near the Los Ramblas area that you have enjoyed and would stay there again.

Please advise if you booked directly with the hotel or used Expedia etc.

Thanks.

on a few different travel sites.....and finally booked with hotel colon. The hotel is directly across from the cathedral and is just a couple streets from Las Ramblas so it's not noisy. www.hotelcolon.es

Try tripadvisor.com.......that's where I think I read the most about it!

Barcelona is filled with great hotel choices. On our first visit we stayed at the Hotel Colon and its very nice. On our recent cruise (last month) we stayed on La Ramblas for four nights pre-cruise at the Hotel 1898 http://www.nnhotels.com/en/hotel1898/index.php. It was fantastic. No noise at all and the location was terrific (walkable to a lot of things and convienent to the subway, too).

Hotel 1898 is a modern hotel that caters to Americans....all staff spoke fluent English and were very helpful.

You'll get a lot of good options from everyone here on Cruise Critic.

ENJOY...Barcelona remains among one of our favorite cities!

I stayed at the Meridien right there on the Ramblas and it was great; no noise at all. I would stay there again in a heartbeat.

I actually booked it through the cruise line: RCCL, as they had a much better price than the hotel would offer me.

We stayed at the Hotel Jazz. It was modern, new, very clean and inexpensive compared to most of the others we compared it with. The hotel staff were very nice. Las Ramblas was just a few blocks away.....close enough to get to easily yet far enough away to not have issues with noise and activities. It's rated #4 on http://www.TripAdvisor.com

We stay at Le Meridien everytime we go to Barcelona. The first time we booked it through the cruiseline (we weren't sure of the city and figured that they would choose good hotels). After that we booked it on our own through the hotel's website taking advantage of their special deals. The hotel is convenient to most everything and all the rooms were just updated about 2 years ago - not that they were bad before. There is a great little sandwich restaurant just a short walk called Café Viena - great sandwiches at a very reasonable price.

On our first stay in Barcelona, we stayed directly on Las Ramblas and found it noisy where we were. Last Dec, we stayed at Hotel NH Duc De La Victoria. It is off one of the side streets from Las Ramblas. It was fabulous and very reasonable.

http://www.hotelnhducdelavictoria.hotelsearch.com/index.html

We too stayed at The Duc about 2 short blocks off the Ramblas in April 2007 and liked it a lot (especially the meat and wine in your room). Book direct. It's on a no-autos thoroughfare but the taxis are allowed to drop off and pick up in front of the hotel. The front desk speaks English very well. We ate at The Attic a few blocks south. Geared for the tourists but the food was good. After 3 days on the Ramblas, you'll wonder "where do all these people come from?"

Enjoy your stay.

Florida Rich...

Hi-We stayed at the Hotel Continental on Las Ramblas. It was very convenient and close to everything. Also, the 24-hr. buffet was very nice. Nothing fancy but it suited us for 2 nights post-cruise. We booked directly with the hotel. Good luck! Shelly

Archived