Carnival Miracle extended Balcony

davethomasowns

Hello. I booked a Balcony Guarantee for me and my girlfriend on the March 6th, Carnival Miracle sailing.

I got an email today from my PVP and he said we got an extended balcony on the 7th deck. It's 8G room 7170. Anybody know anything about this room? He made it sound like I got a really good pick and said the balcony is double the size of normal.

I would have been grateful for any room I was assigned, so I am just wondering what everybody's opinion is on this one. Anybody stayed in it before? What about it's location in regards to the length of the ship? Sorry if this is a stupid thing to start a thread over, but it's our first cruise alone and I am extremely excited. I really want to know how my room is.

Thanks for everything!

Shane

I was just on the Miracle last week and the parents had a Cat 11 aft Balcony and it was huge omg you could have fit like 10 people out there, not as big as an aft wrap but still really nice, we were right next to the aft wrap on deck 6 room 6327, really nice room too trust me on that... Hope that helps, and btw the Miracle is the best ship ever, you will love her, I do and I have been on her twice......... :D :D

deckyf1.jpg

That's where the room is located. Since it is one of the Inner rooms (the rooms forward jet out further, will my view be blocked? I am the 7th room out from the inlet, will that create enough room so that I can still see forward or no.

Also, am I looking down at lifeboats? I think I read somewhere that I am.

Like I said, I booked a guarantee, so is this a good pick or did I get cheated? The PVP made me sound really lucky, but I am sure that is his job. I definitely do not mind the extended balcony but I would like to be able to see forward towards where we are going.

Thanks for the help!

Shane

It don't believe it is longer than average. The balcony is 60 sq ft (6x10) compared to 40 sq ft (4x10) in the regular balcony.

If you haven't already done so, I recommend reading the nice, long, nearly-all-inclusive "All Things Miracle" thread started by Sandi. It has just about anything you could possibly want to know about the Miracle.

I have a couple of photos of 7192 in my webshots albums.

http://community.webshots.com/user/NCTribeFan

Thanks, makes me feel a little better. I am not worried as much about the lifeboats (there is more than enough ocean to see, I don't necessarily have to see it right below me,) but more worried about seeing forward. I would like to see forward as we are approaching the ports. Hopefully since I am like 7 rooms back, the whole extruding rooms deal will not obstruct TOO much of my view!

Also, when a ship docks at a port, do they do it differently every time? What I mean is, is there a certain side that will get to see the docking side, or is it random every time.

Thanks!

Shane

It don't believe it is longer than average. The balcony is 60 sq ft (6x10) compared to 40 sq ft (4x10) in the regular balcony.

If you haven't already done so, I recommend reading the nice, long, nearly-all-inclusive "All Things Miracle" thread started by Sandi. It has just about anything you could possibly want to know about the Miracle.

I have a couple of photos of 7192 in my webshots albums.

http://community.webshots.com/user/NCTribeFan

Your room location is very similar to mine. You were 8 rooms away from the extruding rooms in the rear, and I am 7 rooms away from them in the front. When looking back, did they obstruct a lot of your view? Looking at your pictures, it seems like you were fine. Looked like a beautiful room!

Sorry I am asking so many questions, only my second cruise and my first balcony! I am very excited.

Shane

I forgot to say that you will be above the life boats but they will not obstruct your view at all. Also, the balconies at the forward portion of the ship will not block your view either. I really liked the location of the cabin as it was easy to because you could take either the forward or mid-ship elevators.

Cruiser from MS:

You were in my same exact room? Awesome, glad to hear you liked it. Also very glad that the balconies in front of me will not block the view.

If you don't mind (and if this is allowed on the forum,) could you email me. wocballa@gmail.com

I have a couple other questions and I don't wanna fill up the boards with my crap. If you prefer not, I understand.

Thanks for boosting my spirits!

Shane A

This is looking straight down (I guess that's obvious!).

2627351700102755439S425x425Q85.jpg

The view forward...

2957425260102755439S425x425Q85.jpg

A good portion of the balcony...

2726356390102755439S425x425Q85.jpg

I really enjoyed it. It was my first balcony. But if I can go on 3 cruises by sailing in inside cabins as opposed to only 2 by having a balcony, it's back to the insides for me!

I happen to love the dark inside cabins, personally. With Carnival's bedding, I could sleep forever!

Archived