Summit Balcony Questions

cwhlaw

Is there a preferred level for the best balcony on the Summit? I'm presently booked on the Sky deck. How is the balcony on this deck.

Also, does the balcony have connecting doors to the next balcony which can be unlocked by the cabin attendant?

Thanks for your help.

Chuck

Umm, the sky deck is the very least preferable. You have a very ACTIVE public deck above you and your balcony will have an obstructed view with big support beams that come from the deck above.:eek:

A preferred deck is any deck sandwiched between two "cabin" decks.

Is there a preferred level for the best balcony on the Summit? I'm presently booked on the Sky deck.

Well, it depends on what YOU like. Sky Deck (9) for the most part has an overhang from Resort Deck (10) that covers the balconies. Now, this is not necessarily bad, it depends on whetlher YOU prefer less direct sun and protection from the rain. I prefer those things and am happy with Sky Deck in a good location.

The cabins under the pool area on deck 10 do get some noise from water pipes and movement of chairs and tables above. Under the carpeted buffer area is usually quiet.

People who seek the direct sun usually like deck 6 or 7 as they are not affected as much by the deck 10 hangover. Deck 8 is affected more than these, but less than deck 9.

How is the balcony on this deck.

There are 4 different types of balcony cabins on Sky Deck. !.Sky Suite (SS) w/57 sq ft balcony. 2. Family Veranda (FV) w/57 sq ft balcony. 3. Concierge Class (CC) w/41 sq ft balcony. 4. Deluxe Ocean View (2A) w/38 sq ft balcony.

The FV and CC cabins at stern of ship have aft facing balconies that are much larger. These are prefferred cabins and sell out quickly.

Also, does the balcony have connecting doors to the next balcony which can be unlocked by the cabin attendant?

No. There are no doors. Solid metal frames with glass/plexiglass that are welded in place.

Thanks for your help.

Chuck

Those support beams for deck 10 are not that large and do not affect all cabins on deck 9.

Have a great cruise.

Hi cwhlaw,

We prefer cabin 8146 as you get a little more balcony space without the CC price and you get more than enough sun. If I want more sun, I go by the pool or find a chair on the sport deck. I do agree that deck 9 can be noisy as said by many cruisers throughout cruise critic posts. Have a great cruise.:D

Barry

Archived