Booking a cruise while on a cruise

The price is usually the same. The difference is you will get an OBC and lower deposit by booking while you are on a cruise.

You will only get a lower deposit if you pick the "Next Cruise" Option where you don't book a specific cruise. If you do this method then it will cost you a $100 non-refundable deposit but it has no expiration.

If you have a specific cruise in mind and book it then you pay the regular deposit rate dependent on the length of the cruise.

Your OBC is based on the length of the cruise you are booking 3-5 nights=$50 6-9 nights =100$ and 10+ nights ==$200

Always overlooked is one non $$$ benefit. The C&A Loyalty Ambassador and you will sit face to face and you are able to ask any and all questions. List all your questions in advance and have an idea of what you want to book. The LA has a lotta experience with all the RCCL ships and can direct you in the right direction.

Don't be like the couple who had the appointment before us on Grandeur. . .

"We want to sail some where warm in the next year or two. What do you have?"

Seriously, they asked that question.

I sighed, and said to myself, "Oh Lord, how looong will this take?"

The LA, who most likely has been thru this before, gave them a couple of brochures and nicely said, "Check these out and come back before the end of the cruise."

"Next".

Rick and Deirdra

You will only get a lower deposit if you pick the "Next Cruise" Option where you don't book a specific cruise. If you do this method then it will cost you a $100 non-refundable deposit but it has no expiration.

If you have a specific cruise in mind and book it then you pay the regular deposit rate dependent on the length of the cruise.

Your OBC is based on the length of the cruise you are booking 3-5 nights=$50 6-9 nights =100$ and 10+ nights ==$200

i didnt know you could do this. how do you do the next cruise option...its allways tough for us to nail down a date..... i would do this all the time we take a min of 1 cruise a year

When and where on board do you do this? Is there a certain time?

There is the Crown and Anchor desk with the loyalty ambassador. Go and sign up in her book for an appointment time for booking a specific cruise. If you want a next cruise option there should be forms to fill out.

does the obc depend on your cabin category or just the length of the cruise?

Length of cruise only.

i didnt know you could do this...... i would do this all the time we take a min of 1 cruise a year

It is relatively new, a little hint is just book it in one person's name for 100$. And you can buy several.

i didnt know you could do this. how do you do the next cruise option...its allways tough for us to nail down a date..... i would do this all the time we take a min of 1 cruise a year

They have a form to fill out. Just fill it out and drop it off at the LA's desk. The confirmation with booking number will be delivered to your cabin in a day or two. One nice thing about this option is you only have to put down one person and pay only a $100.00 deposit. You can add the other people to the reservation when you book the actual cruise. At that time you pay the remaining deposit.

The C&A LA's really appreciate it if you make an appointment. But, if you happen to stroll by there, and they have no guests with them, introduce yourself and say, "Do you have a few moments?"

On our Empress cruise from Philly last October, we walked by Emily's desk before we even left Philly. She appeared not busy and we introduced ourselves, and booked Independence right there, in about ten minutes.

Later on this cruise, we noticed a better cabin available. Check out RCCL on line on the computers available, there is no charge if you just go on line to RCCL.com.

Emily changed our cabins and we were very happy. RCCL has a very valuable asset with Emily. Not only did she help us immensely, but we saw her thru out the ship assisting others. Especially, at the Diamond disembarking that she ran and organized.

Sorry to sea Empress leave the ship. Hope we keep Emily.

Rick and Deirdra

They have a form to fill out. Just fill it out and drop it off at the LA's desk. The confirmation with booking number will be delivered to your cabin in a day or two. One nice thing about this option is you only have to put down one person and pay only a $100.00 deposit. You can add the other people to the reservation when you book the actual cruise. At that time you pay the remaining deposit.

Thanks Ray

We are going on Mariner this summer...so i guess we will book 2009's cruise that way!!!

Being from Nova Scotia we usually cruise during the winter months. Lately we have booked for the next year while on board. A few advantages as quoted before is the on board credit for the booking, the ability to change the cruise within RCI by keeping the same booking number, ability to transfer the booking to your own agent so you deal with her rather than RCI directly and this year in particular our B2B on the Jewel of the Seas is $1000 per person ($2000 per cabin) more now than it was when we booked. So there can be some advantages if you are in a situation similar to ours, it is certainly worth thinking about.

Hope this is some help and happy cruising.

Don't be like the couple who had the appointment before us on Grandeur. . .

"We want to sail some where warm in the next year or two. What do you have?"

Seriously, they asked that question.

Rick and Deirdra

*lol*

I think it took me 10-15 minutes with the LA on GOS, she had to key in DD C&A app since we could not pull up a number for her from an online app previously attempted/submitted on RCI website. I sat with her and said what are the price/cabin options for Voyager NYE cruise next year (now this year) she pulled it up, we booked it...

I suppose next time I could ask for a big cabin on a big ship within next year and start there. :D

Booking via LA was very nice, it was quick in the computer right away and TA gets his credit. I'm getting to be a good bud with my TA as well now so was glad he gets credit.

I'd recommend booking onboard with LA if you possibly can.

Lawman - The question I was going to asked, you've answered it for me. DH & I are leaving in a few days (pre-cruise) on AOS. We wanted to do the next cruise option but weren't sure if we need to bring an extra $200 deposit for the both of us. We'll use one person to pay the deposit. Oh question. Can we add the $100 deposit on our seapass while we're onboard?

We used the future booing deposit. Got it in August booked Explorer OCt 23/08 and got a $200 OBC not $100. At least that is what we have been told several times.

Any next cruise that you purchase will be billed directly to your credit card not your Sea Pass. You can use the card that is currently on record or bill to another card.

Reminder - RCCL OBC is based on length of cruise, Celebrity is based on "amount" of booking. We booked a B2B, and one Next Cruise and actually went back and booked a second Next Cruise and am glad we did since we decided to book an extra cruise once we got back home.

Don't forget the Friends and Family paper for their OBC.

They advertise you get the lowest rate - for that day. I noticed that the LA did have a good grasp of cabins available and we even changed a cabin for an upcoming cruise based on his knowledge (had to call our TA immediately after that meeting but we got an aft cabin that I didn't know was available).

You are also given the choice to keep the booking in your name or transfer it directly to your agent of choice.

The paper to fill out was the easy way to go since the LA does get busy, especially towards the end of the cruise. Just a reminder, be sure you get your documented paperwork back with the cruise booking ID on it since I've read postings where one or two booking requests did not get processed.

This really is a win-win for the traveler - OBC, choice of sailings and available cabins, easy paid deposit and you can go home, think about where you want to go and the call RCCL/TA with booking number in hand.

Any next cruise that you purchase will be billed directly to your credit card not your Sea Pass. You can use the card that is currently on record or bill to another card.

happicruzer - thanks for that information.

Lawman - The question I was going to asked, you've answered it for me. DH & I are leaving in a few days (pre-cruise) on AOS. We wanted to do the next cruise option but weren't sure if we need to bring an extra $200 deposit for the both of us. We'll use one person to pay the deposit. Oh question. Can we add the $100 deposit on our seapass while we're onboard?

The deposit will go on the credit card that you have on file with them not on your SeaPass. I just checked me credit card statement online from my recent Mariner cruise. It's showing $200.00 (For booking an actual cruise onboard) $100.00 (For the next cruise option) and my final SeaPass bill :eek:

The deposit will go on the credit card that you have on file with them not on your SeaPass. I just checked me credit card statement online from my recent Mariner cruise. It's showing $200.00 (For booking an actual cruise onboard) $100.00 (For the next cruise option) and my final SeaPass bill :eek:

lawman - thanks alot. I'll add the deposit on my credit card on file.

Archived