Flight time from Seattle

wlfarm

Thinking about Princess from Whittier to Vancouver. Arrives in Vancouver on a Monday. I see a good flight leaving Seattle at noon. Is this to early to to schedule? If purchasing transfer from cruise line, what time do buses leave cruise dock and arrive at Seattle airport? I have never done transfer. I assume you oick up your bags and get porter to help you get them to bus, or are they already loaded on bus when ship arrivies at doc?

I assume there will be many buses at pier. How do know which one to board?

Thanks.

Without the border crossing, it is a three hour bus ride from YVR to SEA. With the new entrance requirements coming into effect in a few days, you could expect to add another 1-2+ hours to that time. Disembarkation is usually done by about 10:00 am and the buses leave around that time.

In short, no way you will make it for a 10:00 am check in for a 12:00 domestic flight.

That is cutting it close - probably the only way to even try and make an 11am departure from Vancouver is to do the "walk off" from the cruise ship with all your own luggage and to have your transportation in Vancouver pre-arranged. I used Vancouver Shuttle, arrived into Ballantyne Pier last August, walked off just after 7am, had the shuttle reserved for 8am but they asked to leave at 8.30am since I was the only 8am reservation and I said fine.

Was at the airport shortly after 9am and checked in, through security well before 10am. But the airport can be more crowded than I experienced and definitely will be more crowded the later in the morning that you arrive.

Check with your cruise line for their recommendation for the earliest flight departure time. Anything earlier than that you definitely need to walk off and hope for the best.

John

I wouldn't consider a flight before 4pm out of Seattle, transferring from Vancouver.

IF you get US Direct, the 11am MAY be an option but otherwise, I wouldn't look at anything before 1pm. Your cruiseline will also have guidelines.

I was stuck in 2 hours of lines in Vancouver. no way to predict how it will go.

Archived