fort lauderdale flight times

lradle

I am cruising out of Fort Lauderdale and flying home from Fort Lauderdale this coming December. Is 10:00 a.m. too early for a flight home, or even 10:50 a.m.?

We did self assist debarkation out of Fort Lauderdale and made a 10:00 flight in December, 2006. We were off the ship at 8:40 and at the airport about 9:00 or so. The airport is only about 15-20 minutes from the pier so we wouldn't hesitate to book an early flight home. You could certainly make a 10:50 flight as long as you get off the ship at a reasonable time.

I am cruising out of Fort Lauderdale and flying home from Fort Lauderdale this coming December. Is 10:00 a.m. too early for a flight home, or even 10:50 a.m.?

It all depends on immigration and customs. If you get off the ship on time you will be fine. Last year we were not able to get off of Radiance of the Seas until 9:55. (we were in the third color group). I suspect that the 10:50 is OK, but the early flight is probably too early.

it also depends on your airline, security and how many ships in port! we flew out 2 days after our cruise and the airport-at 11AM was a MESS!!!!

if yo udo the self assist (travel light as RC calls it) you should be off early....but honestly, if you can swing it...get a later flight or stay over in FLL! (unless there aren't a lot of ships that day!) check this.. www.cruisecal.com

(it isn't ALWAYS perfectly accurate, but it's close!)

Archived