New Canadian!

Celhubb

I am going to push Royal for an all Canadian cruise. I can see the menu now...Poutin, Donairs and Backbacon would be the staples!

OH MAN! I really miss back bacon.

They have "Canadian Bacon" here in the US - COME ON Y'ALL! IT'S HAM

Americans have no idea what a joy a nice lean tender piece of back bacon tastes like.

I did go on vacation to Toronto a couple of years ago rather than a cruise and a plain old bacon bacon sandwich cost me $7. I used to joke that "well that's only $1.75 US" but with our crappy economy these days it's more like $6.99 US and I'm sure the price has gone up in the last few years.

But I digress... If the Windjammer can serve steak and conji for breakfast surely it could get some good ol' peameal coated backbacon on the menu (yeah ok I know they use cornmeal these days but we still call it "peameal bacon")

I just checked the internet and it looks like back bacon is CAN$17.48/pound these days - yikes

Hope that spelling is correct. Raised in Halifax lived in Sydney, Truro & Digby before moving to Ontario. WELCOME!!

A fellow Maritimer - Born an raised in Saint John but my family hails from the Digby area in fact - Tiverton to be exact.. Know the Island?

Hello all,

Another cold Canadian here. I know, we not as cold here as some places in Canada..but it is cold just the same!!

Counting down until my cruise!!

Thanks for the link to the Canadian tread, can't wait to start reading it!!

Lorna

A fellow Maritimer - Born an raised in Saint John but my family hails from the Digby area in fact - Tiverton to be exact.. Know the Island?

Took a ride on the Joshua Slocum several times. Once had some ask me if I wanted a job in Freeport thinking they meant the Bahamas!

Took a ride on the Joshua Slocum several times. Once had some ask me if I wanted a job in Freeport thinking they meant the Bahamas!

Its been about 5 years since I have been there but I think the Joshua Slocum goes between Freeport and Westport now. If it wasn't for all the fog, it would be a great place to spend a summer.

Archived