Information Needed For Calling Back To The States

southernbelleVA

Can anyone tell me the best way to call back to the states after disembarking in San Juan?

Who is your cell provider? When we were there a couple of years ago I just used my Verizon phone and did not get charged for its use. I saw a site yesterday that claimed it was 69c per minute. I'd say call your company and ask them.

Yeah, just double check with your cell phone provider.

If you have a "nationwide" plan, PR is usually included. We use AT&T and have the same rate to call the States as local.

PR has all the major cell phone providers, so your phone will work from here. Now how much it will cost depends on your plan.

Can anyone tell me the best way to call back to the states after disembarking in San Juan?

Depending on your plan just use your cell phone. Alltel considers San Juan as a domestic call, so with Nationwide Freedom no fees involved.

AS far as I know, all major US carriers cover PR and the USVI as part of their nation-wide plans. So they are all considered local calls. Used to have sprint, now have tmobile and AT&T and we have used all phones in PR and the USVI without incurring additional charges. The tmobile is even payg.

Archived