Portofino Dining Reservations

savysailor

We are ready to book our first Regent cruise on the Navigator and would like to know how difficult it is, and how far in advance, you can get a reservation at Portofino. I'm wondering whether I'll be happy with only two dining choices.

Set your cruise up in My Cruises at rssc.com and then 28 days out, the link will become available for booking your reservation.

The dining choices are not as extensive as I'd like, either, but the main dining room was always very good, and we had a good time at Portofinos. I would not want to go there more than once in a trip due to the limited menu, but it kind of makes an evening.

It was not a problem getting reservations online. However, we observed many people trying to make a reservation once on board and were unable to do so. We also noticed that there were quite a few no-shows (twice on an 8 night voyage).

In terms of dining options, we did miss having Signatures and Latitudes. On the other hand, you could eat every night at Compass Rose and never have the same thing. The intimate size of the Navigator is wonderful (but -- do wish they could add one more small restaurant).

We were able to book 1 night 28 days out but we were able to go 2 additional nights on our recent 11 night cruise. If you like Italian food and wine it's a must do and the entertainment was wonderful. It was a fun evening each time!

Archived