It's been a long time since I've flown...

Jungle Jane

I got my travel documents in the mail from my TA, on the E ticket page it says I should "Reconfirm" my flights. So I went on the airline websites (US & NW) and none of the numbers on my E ticket page are in the format that is required on the website for confirmation. It says I can verify by E ticket # or confirmation number according to the websites but the only #'s on my E ticket page are "Airline Ticket Numbers" and they are not in either of the formats that is asked for on the website. Like one says it should be a 13 digit # starting with 2 certain digits and the other says it should be a 7 digit alpha/numeric combo.

Help?

The e-ticket number is 13 digits. NW tickets start with 012, while UA tickets start with 016. Confirmation codes are six characters, alpha-numeric. Some airlines only use letters, no numbers (Alaska for one). In general, the confirmation code is the easier way to access your record.

I would also suggest that you put your FF number into the reservations, so that you have one additional point of reference. And you earn the miles. Believe it or not, they can add up if you work the system.

If none of your flight documents show a 6 character code or a 13 digit ticket number, call both NW and UA and get them to provide you with both. They can look up your record by name, flight number and date. At that point, you can also get your FF number into the record, which can facilitate online check-in and seat selection. Then, go online and make sure that you those numbers/codes work.

Archived