Noordam Suite Pictures?

Micmac

I am hoping that someone has some pictures to share of an SA or SB deluxe verandah suite.

Even starting 12 months out for next years Christmas cruise, we haven't been able to find any handicapped suites. We really like the Noordam itinerary and are now wondering if we couldn't make do in a non-accessible suite. Specifically the pictures we need for decision making are:

1. Picture giving idea of size of doorways into dressing room and into

bathroom.

2. Picture of the bathroom (need to see if we can use a hoyer to get her

"into" the tub or a shower)

3. Picture showing the lip out to the balcony.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Michelle

If you click on my link below, you might find one or two of the cabin pictures helpful. Sorry....I know there is no picture of the "lip" out onto the balcony. I do remember tripping over this one morning (but I trip over invisible things too). There was very little lip to the actual shower stall part of the bathroom, because my husband used that to shower every morning and I wasn't sure how the entire bathroom didn't flood, but he obviously figured something out there. Have a great cruise - we loved the Noordam! :)

Jill

If I can make a suggestion? If the SC handicapped suites are already booked, you may want to consider one of the SB's located in the hump/love handle portion of the ship. Because of the layout of those 2 cabins, you have a touch more floor space in the living area since the bathroom is offset. If your concern is in being able to maneuver a wheelchair in the cabin, I think either of those two cabins would provide the most comfort even though it's non-handicapped. The doorways, etc. seemed to be the same width as in the SC cabin we were in last year. The photos are from Cabin 7087 on the Oosterdam. Not great photos but hopefully it gives you a comparison with the others that you have links to.

1386444859_Fromthedoor.jpg.36936b187c814b358038d4039ed0a558.jpg

1069020369_Cabinatanangle.jpg.fb3d9ce0f406b55c99fcb6f188848598.jpg

Thanks everyone for your help - I appreciate the pictures. Based on these, and some others we found by stalking the web, we think that with some patience and ingenuity (will bring some ramps with us ), we might be able to make this work!

While maybe not an optimum setup with the wheelchair, a slightly inconvenient cruise on HAL with an itinerary we love for Christmas is better than no cruise at all!

Michelle

Archived