Imagination Thread Only!

mikil321

Does the cabin have a hair dryer in it. All the other carnival ships I have been on have. Also, was there shampoo, cream rinse and body wash in the shower?

Thanks!

No, the Fantasy class ships do not have hair dryers in the room. But, I've been told that you can ask your steward for one. There is shampoo and body wash in the shower.

We will be on the Imagination for a 3 day cruise. Do most men wear a suit or just a dress shirt and nice pants.

When we were on our cruise in February, it seems that most men wore dress shirt and nice pants for regular dinners and then shirt and tie on formal night.

We were scheduled to go to Grand Turks, Half Moon, Freeport and Nassau on the Sept 8 cruise. We knew going in that Grand Turks might be out but we ended missing Half Moon also. Bummer. We still had a good time but I'm bored with the Bahamas...QUESTION. did anyone have problems or issues on Nassau. I heard from a Carnival employee that something had happened Thursday night. Just wondering.:confused:

Yes, tendering in was a problem at HMC. They said even the 50 people who live on the island had not yet been able to return to see if they still had homes because the swells were too high. I hope all is okay with their homes when they get back. Like the other poster, we were disappointed that we didn't get to go to GT and HMC, but it just gives us incentive to book a future cruise there instead.

Hey- if you guys are interersted in video of the Imagination I just put up my little travel story of my cruise in April.

It's the 4 day cruise (Key West and Coz). The video link is in my signature. Hope it helps and entertains (it's a little on the vulgar side at times though- so be warned :) ).

If you have any questions about it, send me an email.

Gatorclaw - Better late than never. As always, loved your videos! We did a 5 nighter on the Imagination in August. Just putting the finishing touches on my review. The slide show to come........whenever. Really loved the way you interspersed the Willy Wonka song with a modern twist! Keep cruising and producing those great videos!

I'm considering a cruise on the Imagination for January (3-day to the Bahamas). I will be traveling, for once, sans kids so the kids-free Serenity area appeals to me.

Any comments from recent cruisers? 1) Are there plenty of lounges?

2) Do people "save" their lounges with towels, etc? 3) Does the staff try to keep people from "saving" lounges? 4) Are the kids really kept away? 5) How crowded does it get?

Any answers and comments are appreciated. Thanks!

I'm considering a cruise on the Imagination for January (3-day to the Bahamas). I will be traveling, for once, sans kids so the kids-free Serenity area appeals to me.

2) Do people "save" their lounges with towels, etc? 3) Does the staff try to keep people from "saving" lounges? 4) Are the kids really kept away? 5) How crowded does it get?

I was just on the Imagination this past June, and had a great time. There were four of us, ages 24, 25, 27, and 30. So, we def wanted to be able to get away from all the little ones.

The serenity area was great! We were there the entire fun day at the sea (with the exception of lunch and a ride down each of the slides to cool off). Not once did we ever saw a child out there. It wasn't too crowded and was very relaxing; great way to spend the sea day!

Enjoy your cruise! :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone!

We're new to Carnival and getting ready to go on the Imagination on December 1st!

I had a couple of questions....

I saw in one of the pics, there was amenities in the bathroom... is that in all categories of staterooms? or just some? What all is in the basket? Does it cost extra if you use it like a mini bar would?

I also saw someone mention that wait staff wasn't working as hard since they don't have to work for their tips anymore. What's that all about?

Does anyone know if the pools and hot tubs close at any certain time or are they 24 hours?

Is there lobster on the 4 night (Key West and Cozumel)?

Which night is formal night?

OKay I think that's all for now! :) Thanks in advance!!!

My responses below in red.

Hi everyone!

We're new to Carnival and getting ready to go on the Imagination on December 1st!

I had a couple of questions....

I saw in one of the pics, there was amenities in the bathroom... is that in all categories of staterooms? or just some? What all is in the basket? Does it cost extra if you use it like a mini bar would? They are there to be used no charge and it should be in all categories and as categories go up they may have more variety but on Empress 6D Oceanview they had 2 pkg's of disp razors (his & hers), toothpaste, and 2 pkgs of fiber supplements to help keep you regular should you need them :rolleyes: The shower has both body wash and shampoo dispensers

I also saw someone mention that wait staff wasn't working as hard since they don't have to work for their tips anymore. What's that all about? There was nothing that pointed to that a few weeks ago, we had exceptional service. We tipped our cabin steward the 2nd day out and again at the end and he took very good care of us. I know now to do that on every cruise from here on out as we had a group booked and none of the others got the same caliber of service we got from him.

Does anyone know if the pools and hot tubs close at any certain time or are they 24 hours? they open at 8am and close at midnight, serenity deck hot tubs are open 9am to midnight

Is there lobster on the 4 night (Key West and Cozumel)? Yes on elegant night which is the 2nd night (Key West)

Which night is formal night? The second night

OKay I think that's all for now! :) Thanks in advance!!!

I posted some pictures of the cabin & bathroom you can take a look at on flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/29962455@N08/sets/72157607474355725/

UnclePatnTampa was on the same cruise and he has loads of pics and copies of the capers, menus etc on webshots http://community.webshots.com/user/UnclePatNTampa

Have fun! It was my first cruise 2 weeks ago and I'm already planning my second one!!

We will be on the Imagination on Friday. I have read that you get 2 S&S cards, one for the credit card and one of the door. Is that correct.

You get one S&S card for each person in your cabin. This serves as your door key and if you want to make purchases on the ship.

There are probably about 40 lounge chairs in the Serenity area. Then there are about 15 comfortable chairs in a shaded area. I did not see people saving chairs. Actually, I didn't see this anywhere on the ship. There are no kids in the serenity area. I never saw one. There are a few crew workers in that area to hand out towels and watch for children. We were only able to get down to the Serenity area once on this past cruise. Lounge chairs were always taken. The day we were in Cozumel we came back to the ship early and sat in the hot tub in the Serenity area for a bit. There are 2 hot tubs open until midnight. It is a very quiet area. It is nice. But there are also other areas on the ship where you can get quiet time and relax. We spent a lot of time near the Waterworks area at the very back of the ship, above the Serenity area. It was quiet. Another area quiet is on the Lido deck at the very back. We did a lot of reading back there.

Archived