things to bring on cruise

nyc gal

You might want to invest in one of those travel steam irons http://www.travelsteamiron.com. <- Here's a link but you can find them anywhere. They work with salt and water - and there is no sole plate to get hot - so there's no risk of fire. I took one on a cruise about 5 years ago and had no problem at all. A standard 110vac outlet is all you should need.:)

Repsol

You do not need an electric converter on most ships; it is helpful to have an extension cord with multiple plug-ins since outlets are usually at a premium. for instance, if you want to plug in a charger for camera batteries, hair dryer, laptop, etc. at the same time, there may not be enough outlets.

I've read in some posts they are now confiscating travel steamers as well as irons. Just pack everything in plastic dry cleaner bags, fold carefully to avoid wrinkles and most of all - don't overpack. Overpacking is the main reason clothing arrives squished and wrinkled. Underpacking as well, if your articles are allowed to migrate to another side of the case and end up in a heap.

No converters are needed. Instead of an extension cord (unless of course you need something plugged in far from the desk area), we have a small 3 plug outlet adapter, you can pick one up in any hardware store.

No, as they are deemed a fire risk. However, nearly all ships have laundry rooms with irons available free. If is it just a little creasing, I hang clothes in the bathrrom and run a hot shower. The steam will take packing creases out usually.

Are you on Freedom of the Seas? If so - Royal Caribbean does not permit irons to be carried on. They do not have self-serve laundry facilities. However, they do have very reasonably priced press-only and laundry/dry cleaning service.

Irons are a fire hazard. If you carry one, it will be confiscated til the end of the cruise.

Could I ask another question, nyc gal, do I need a voltage converter to charge my mobile (cell) phone. We are from England and are going on Carnival in a couple of months, I seem to remember the last cruise I couldn't charge my mobile up?

Archived