Luau on Big Island

bubbachief

We were on the now cancelled Star 5/2 repo cruise to Vancouver. Since we had plane fare already, we decided to go to the Islands anyway. Expanded our trip to include the Big Island. Any suggestions on the best luau to go to there, how much are they, and are they worth the expense. Will be on the BI 4/30-5/6.

If you have never been to a luau before, I would definately go to one while you are here. Except for private parties, the only luau I have been to is the one at King Kamehameha Hotel. That was when I first moved here and was still doing tourist stuff. I really enjoyed it.

Where on the Big Island will you be?

Emi

NCL Star-08/31/03 in Hawaii!

NCL Star-11/13/04 to Mexico!

Alaska summer 2005!

Sweetemi--We are staying at the Keauhou Beach hotel. We are going to the Volcano National Park one day and all the guide books say to go the north route, but it looks to me the southern route is shorter from where we are staying, What is the best way from a scenic standpoint and/or distance. Can you make the loop in a day?

My sister stayed at Keauhou and it is nice out there. I used to work up the hill in the shopping center. But...now that you mention it, do they still have the luau at Keauhou? I forgot - I did go and watch it one night because my friend, Annette, was one of the musicians and her mom, my auntie, danced a hula and I wanted to see what it was like. The Lim family put it on and actually it was a much more authentic Hawaiian luau without all the other Polynesian influence. I didn't have any of the food, I was just watching. If they have it still and the Lim family is still putting it on, I would go to that one for sure.

Now...I would go south to go to Volcano especially from Keauhou. Actually, the northern drive is more scenic than the southern in my opinion, but it is much closer going south. You could go ahead and go one direction there and the other direction coming back. Yes, you can do it in a day but it makes a long day, especially if you spend a lot of time at the Park. If I already had a room paid for, I would come back. But...I hate to pay twice for something.

Emi

Alaska summer 2005!

Suebee: I remembered there was a coupon in there for Royal Kona but I didn't know it was for the luau. I thought it was the buffet. I've been thinking I should use it though before November. Hopefully I'll get to use some more in Hilo in May....Boy do I need a vacation!

Emi

Alaska summer 2005!

Archived