Carnival Tropicale

I have great memories of the Tropicale. She was my first cruise experience . . . Los Angeles to the Mexican Riviera. I remember thinking she was just huge. LOL. Put her side to side with some of today's ships and she would look like a baby whale next to its mama.

Our goal was to say we've sailed on all Carnival ships.. unfortunately we missed the Festivale and Mardi Gras before they retired.. and now a couple more have gone too. We try to get them when they're new... unfortunately after the double whammy of a really bad tropcial storm while on board in August 2001 and then 9/11 we didn't sail for a couple years... so we missed spirit.. pride.. conquest... but we're getting two more this year.. so we keep chipping away

The only time I saw the Tropicale was on an episode of the A-Team.

I have to tell you, I sailed on that cruise. We had no idea they were planning on filming during the cruise and there were parts of the ship we couldn't use at various times during the week. But it was still a blast. I had a teeny crush on Dirk Benedict from his Starbuck days and got a chance to see him up close and personal. Well, not that personal, but up close anyway. ;)

Oddly enough, she has been sold to Pullmantur Cruises, which is now a subsidiary of Royal Caribbean International, oooh... the irony here.

Thought she was with P&O out of Australia?Pacific Star.Too bad ...was thinking about seeing her again.

Oddly enough, she has been sold to Pullmantur Cruises, which is now a subsidiary of Royal Caribbean International, oooh... the irony here.

When does it transfer to Pullmantur?I was thinking about the Australian trip on Pacific Star(Tropicale).