Pride thread only

pkrchkr

The buffet should be open, as well as the pizzeria. That's how I remember it a few years back, on the Pride.

I know all of that is open along with the Deli but I am interested in eating at the diningroom for lunch. I am pretty sure it is only opened during sea days.

• 2 weeks later...
I haven't read about any descriptions of the main dining room on the Pride. Can someone describe it and if there are certain tables to avoid or one that was fantastic?

Thanks for your info!!

Happy cruising!

The dining room is two stories at the rear of the ship. The center of the upper level is open to the lower level. If memory serves me, larger tables (8 or more) are located in the center of the lower level. Smaller tables and booths are around the perimeter of the lower level and most of the upper level. There are windows looking out the back of the ship on the lower level (not sure about upper level) so that would be a good location.

The dining room is two stories at the rear of the ship. The center of the upper level is open to the lower level. If memory serves me, larger tables (8 or more) are located in the center of the lower level. Smaller tables and booths are around the perimeter of the lower level and most of the upper level. There are windows looking out the back of the ship on the lower level (not sure about upper level) so that would be a good location.

We were on the lower level to the left of the main entrance. Once you go in, you go left & left again. There were windows over there. Another cool thing about being on this side is that there was a door to the left there that you could go straight in after that first night & you didn't have to wait in that long line to get in the door. I think our table # was 180 something.

Did they offer any dance classes on the ship... salsa, merengue? My husband and I love to dance and have recently taken salsa dance classes. So we would like to rehearse what we've learned, or learn more.

What is the weather like during November. Is it cooler in the mornings and evenings on the ship? Should I take a light jacket or sweatshirt?

Thanks for your help

Did they offer any dance classes on the ship... salsa, merengue? My husband and I love to dance and have recently taken salsa dance classes. So we would like to rehearse what we've learned, or learn more.

What is the weather like during November. Is it cooler in the mornings and evenings on the ship? Should I take a light jacket or sweatshirt?

Thanks for your help

We were on the Pride in January of 2008 and they offered Line Dancing lessons in the atrium. There were a lot of people doing it!

The weather in January was great. It's a little chilly the first and last day, but nothing a light jacket can't take care of. If they close the roof on the pool area it will be toasty in there. ;) I'm sure November will be just as nice, if not a little warmer maybe?

Guest Crazeecat5

Hi all,

Anyone going on the Pride once she comes to Baltimore? I love this ship and am glad she is coming to the east coast. We loved our Mexican Riviera cruise on her but it was such a long flight. Glad we can drive to her now!

Sheryl

Hi all,

Anyone going on the Pride once she comes to Baltimore? I love this ship and am glad she is coming to the east coast. We loved our Mexican Riviera cruise on her but it was such a long flight. Glad we can drive to her now!

Sheryl

We booked the Pride out of Baltimore for May 10th 2009 :D

We went on the Pride May of 2003 and loved it. The weather is perfect that time of year. How did you like the Elation? We are setting sail in a few weeks and I'm trying to look at as many (recent) photos as possible.

Loved the Elation. It was our first cruise when it was in Galveston, Texas and we just did it again last September out of San Diego. Lots of pictures in my signature of both cruises :D

We are going on the Pride 09/13/08 out of Baltimore. Can't wait for the 20 minute drive to the port and being home by late morning on the return! Tried to convice DH of also doing the Pride in April when she first gets here but instead of 2 he said one or the other, guess I have to wait!

Hi all,

Sheryl

I'm booked for July 10, 2009!

We are going on the Pride 09/13/08 out of Baltimore. Can't wait for the 20 minute drive to the port and being home by late morning on the return! Tried to convice DH of also doing the Pride in April when she first gets here but instead of 2 he said one or the other, guess I have to wait!

Whoops, that should say 09/13/09!

Hi everyone... I just posted this on the main page, and then remembered that there was a Pride thread! So, in case you're seeing this for a second time, I apologize.

Anyway, my question:

We're booked in room 6232 on the Empress deck with an extended balcony (port side). I'm wondering, though, when I look at the deck plans, there's an empty white space between our room and the next (6134). On the other side of the ship, there appear to be staterooms in that space. Can anyone tell me what the empty white space actually is? I'm wondering if it's some sort of storage, and if there could be a noise concern.

TIA for any help!

Hi all,

Sheryl

We're cruising on the Pride out of Baltimore next New Years 2009/2010. Looking forward to a 40 minute drive from home to the port. We're on the Splendor (out of FLL) for this New Years.

How was the drinking water?

Gale

We just got off the Pride today...and we had a great cruise! I was wondering about embarkation and debarkation before we left last week so I thought I'd post our experience.

We arrived at the port later than we wanted...about 11:15. We did the check in on the Queen Mary, then stood in the Zone 2 line. We were finally able to board about 12:30. Just like always, rooms were not ready until 1:30 pm--so we had "lido lunch" and toured the ship. I think the ship is in excellent condition, and I thought it was very clean and well maintained. Our beds were comfy, and I loved the bed linens / comforter. We had cabin 4141 (category 5a between two lifeboats), and it was super (we paid the same price as a 4a inside cabin, so we especially loved this cabin...a limited view between two life boats and fresh air!).

Self assist debark started I think about 8:30 am. They started calling the luggage tag numbers about 9:30 ish. We were one of the last numbers called, so we did not debark until almost 11:30am. It just amazes me how we were off the ship about 11:30 ish, and they turn around and start boarding about 12! No down time for the poor crew : (

The parking garage was very easy, and it cost $84 for the week.

You're welcome to ask me any questions. I'll try to answer them--but I must admit, I have a terrible memory!!

Guest Crazeecat5

How come no one seems to know who the new CD is? I know many people liked him, but I found Jeff Bronson to be annoying.

Glad to see so many who will be sailing the Pride from the east coast.

Sheryl

Are any of the three pools adults-only? Just wondering because the elevators closest our room will drop us off closest to the Poseidon pool and I wondered if children were restricted from being in that area?

TIA

Poseidon pool on lido aft is adult only as is the adjoined hot tub

Archived