Pier 66 or Pier 30???

Ron Don

We are on the Rhapsody in June and have read on the Port of Seattle web site that RCCL embarks from both piers. Does anyone know which pier that the Rhapsody will embark from in June?:confused: The RCCL help line and C&A is of very little help. Thanks in advance.

Your confusion is well justified. Vision sailed from Pier 66 last year, but Terminal 30 has the RCI insignia on it this year (which it did not last year). The official Port Authority website, on the other hand (on the other hand, there IS no other hand...:rolleyes: ) says Pier 66.

Were it me, I would check with RCI to see if they have been given an official update.

That ties in pretty well with what I've been told, too, but they COULD handle two ships at Pier 66 (there will be two at Terminal 30 on Friday, if Rhapsody is down there). It would actually be easier if both of them were at Pier 66, because the same pier services company handles both RCI and X and it would save them from having to split their staff between the two venues.

Thanks Karen and wrp 96. Called RCI and they are not sure either. Will probably wait until closer until the date and find out or wait until that morning and look down to the pier to see where the Rhapsody is.;)

Well Karen, since I'm on Rhapsody's first sailing AND staying at the Marriott across the street from Pier 66 the night before the cruise, I'll make sure to come and tell everybody which pier she's at.:D

Pearl always has, and still will this year, depart from Pier 66.

Leprechaun, to answer your question, no they are not anywhere near each other. Terminal 30 is about 3-4 miles south of Pier 66 (which is smack in the middle of the downtown waterfront), in the cargo/freight portion of the port.

To find out which ships will be in Seattle this year, see here:

http://www.portseattle.org/downloads/seaport/2008CruiseSchedule.pdf

HAL and Princess will be docking at Terminal 30 for sure, while RCI MIGHT be.

NCL and X will be docking at Pier 66 for sure, while RCI MIGHT be (i.e. no one knows for sure, yet, including the Port Authority).

I know when we originally booked this September cruise, we were told RCI was at Pier 66. I have since been told they will be at Terminal 30 this year. I wish I could find the thread that info was on, but I can't locate it. I will keep searching!! :)

Barek: If you remember back to the week following 9/11/01 (and I sure do, because I left on a cruise on 9/10 and got back during the melee of trying to park ships all over YVR and SEA since they were cancelling cruises left and right), I think there were actually four ships at Pier 66 back then--it was a crowded mess, but they did it.

There was one day last season in Sept. that saw 4 cruise ships in town. They put two at Terminal 30, one at Pier 66 and used Pier 91/92 for the 4th ship (Radiance of the Seas) which was just in town on a port of call.

Royal Caribbean has used both Terminal 30 and Pier 66 in the past. Their logo was on the Terminal 30 building last year even though they used Pier 66.

In 2006 when both Celebrity and Royal Caribbean left from Seattle on Fridays the Vision of the Seas used Terminal 30 and the Celebrity Mercury used Pier 66. However, last year the Vision of the Seas used Pier 66. The 3rd ship in town on Friday is a HAL ship (Amsterdam) and it will almost certainly be at terminal 30. If I had to guess I would say that Celebrity Infinity will use Pier 66 and the Rhapsody of the Seas will be at Terminal 30. Just a guess however.

I have left twice out of both piers. Terminal 30 is superior for parking, passenger pickup and drop-off, luggage handling etc. just because they have a lot of space. Pier 66 is in a much better tourist location, but is quite small and has very limited space for passenger pickup and drop-off.

To find out which ships will be in Seattle this year, see here:

HAL and Princess will be docking at Terminal 30 for sure, while RCI MIGHT be.

NCL and X will be docking at Pier 66 for sure, while RCI MIGHT be (i.e. no one knows for sure, yet, including the Port Authority).

This list just tells which ship and not what Pier right? Or am I missing something? I'm looking at Infinity on June 6th.

This list just tells which ship and not what Pier right? Or am I missing something? I'm looking at Infinity on June 6th.

The pier information is at hte site http://www.portofseattle.org but so far they only have the 2007 schedule, here's the link to the 2007 pier info: http://www.portseattle.org/seaport/cruise/cruiselinesandschedules.shtml#schedule

Here is the link to 2008 schedule:

Until you hear otherwise, assume: NCL and X at Pier 66

RCI, HAL, PCL at Terminal 30

That's the link that PINEVIEW01 was asking about - it doesn't show the piers and they wanted to know where the information originated. I gave the link to the 2007 info for which pier - as far as I know, that's all that's officially available at this stage.

Archived