Clothes pressed on Century

barbarah33

Hi, I'm hoping somebody will be able to answer a quick question for me. I am sailing on the Century this week in a sky suite. Previously when I have sailed in suites on X my butler has been able to get things pressed for me free of charge. I read something last week that indicated this service is no longer available. Is that true? If that's the case I want to know it now as I will rethink what I was planning to pack looking for things that might be less likely to wrinkle.

Thank you very much!

I always try to pack things less likely to wrinkle. If you expect them to show up wrinkled, I would expect to pay to have them pressed. On our last cruise on The Constellation, our butler pressed 2 of my husbands dress shirts at the most, and didn't charge us. But like I said, it was 2 shirts, and actually the butler asked if he could do it.

Here's a couple of ideas....... (1) in a spray bottle mix 3 parts water to 1 part laundry softener, spray on wrinkled area, hang and let dry,whala no wrinkles !!

(2) try folding your clothes in plastic bags(1) item per bag, this keeps the friction down and friction is what causes wrinkles !!

You can try these ideas @ home before you leave, hope this has been helpful ? and I hope you have a GREAT time on your cruise !

Just got off the Century from Sky Suite. I had them press my husband's shirts and it was not free, but totally reasonable. Regular shirt $2 and sport shirt $1.50. I chose to do this so I didn't have to worry about how to pack them. Worth it to me..... plus I took a steamer with me for that extra punch.

Phinn, thank you so much! That makes me breath a giant sigh of relief. I have no problem paying for the service; just knowing it's available is a relief. Okay, no need to reconsider what I am packing; I can go back to plan A.

I hope your cruise was a great one!

Phinn, thank you so much! That makes me breath a giant sigh of relief. I have no problem paying for the service; just knowing it's available is a relief. Okay, no need to reconsider what I am packing; I can go back to plan A.

I hope your cruise was a great one!

Heres a price list. You will see they are very reasonable. I usually don't have things done prior to the cruise, just have them done on the ship sinc it is cheaper than at home.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/beforeyourcruise/faq/home.do;jsessionid=0000wMoo8kuOd8985sU08XPPhV9:12hdebebp?faqSubjectName=Ship+and+Stateroom+Details&faqId=566&pagename=faq_answers

Archived