Someone to cruise with

My Husband just called me and asked this question so I am asking everyone out there. He has a friend at work who is a single woman about 60 who likes to cruise. She is single and can't always drum up someone to share a room. Is there anything out there that is safe that matches people like this?? Thanks for you help if:confused: you know. Roz

I have seen this discussed on other message boards and there are more horror stories than good outcomes (roommate doesn't speak the same language, person smells, afraid of how to trust another with the combo to the safe with your stuff inside, etc)

I am single also rather than pay a single supplement for an upcoming cruise, I invited my two teen nieces as my guest (I am picking up the tab for them). By the time I would have been done paying for just myself, it isn't that much more expensive to take both girls especially since the 3rd passenger is a little cheaper. Not a lot one can do about it unless you wait until off peak to travel where the prices are so much cheaper and it's not as hard a hit in your wallet to pay more for the supplement.

I remember going on college trips and rooming with other kids. I wouldn't do it today for free. I remember a few years ago, business was a bit bad, and I got sent to a conference with a co-worker where we shared a room for a week. When I say he sounded like a chain saw I truly am not exaggerating. It was a sleepless week from hell, and I knew and liked the guy. I can only imagine my lack of comfort waiting to find out what the cruiseline hooked me up with!

Archived