Galley tour??

ronkay

do they still do the galley tour of the kitchen facilities? I thought I read somethere that they stopped this and also i thought I read it was still available if you have VIP status and request it?? does anyone know?

Glory offered a Galley tour on the Jan 8 08 cruise.

I went-- I was very impressed with how clean everything was-- but otherwise there wasn't that much to see-- the equipment, the large grills, the plating area, desserts, etc. -- that's about it.

The Holiday had it last day at 4PM for everyone. I believe there was a time right after 9/11 and all the Noriwalk illness that they did stop it.

Speaking of Norwalk I noticed on the Holiday they did not have those hand cleanse machine all around the ships. Do any Carnvial ships do that like other lines? NCL was full of them everywhere so was X and Princess but I didn't see the first one on the HOliday.

The 1/12 sailing of the Glory had a galley tour. We all met in the Amber Palace and there was a lot of people wanting to see the kitchen. They led us through, single file, no stopping, no talking to anyone, just quickly walking through. I took pictures as we walked and I'm just glad they're all in focus. :)

What's even more fascinating then the tour, for me, it the talk they give before hand, revealing how much food they go through and how they decide which items get added and removed from the menu. The mechanics of the whole operation boggles the mind.

I did a galley tour of the Triumph two weeks ago after asking the maitre De if they did one. He said to come along on Friday - last day - at 3pm.

When I got there, there were about 8 others. We were told it was not offered anymore because of health and safety concerns, but if asked they are happy to take passengers around because they would only be small groups.

I hope that helps.

I should also say it was most educational, not least how hard the pot scrubbers and potato peelers work for just the tips we all leave.

The Holiday had it last day at 4PM for everyone. I believe there was a time right after 9/11 and all the Noriwalk illness that they did stop it.

Speaking of Norwalk I noticed on the Holiday they did not have those hand cleanse machine all around the ships. Do any Carnvial ships do that like other lines? NCL was full of them everywhere so was X and Princess but I didn't see the first one on the HOliday.

We just got back from the Destiny and they didn't have the hand cleaner anywhere that I saw. I was very surprised! Not even by the buffet lines. I would think they would want to be more proactive.

Archived