4 Hours in San Juan... what to do?

doggypaddle

If you only had 6 hours, from 2-6 pm, what would you do? We are a slightly adventerous group that would like to do something associated with the beach/water if possible, but don't know if it is possible during that time frame. Anything else that is not beach related would be okay too.

Thanks for the input!

San Juan is not known as a "beach" stop, but there are some reasonable beaches available. Most tourists wander into Old San Juan and see the historic sites such as El Morro. If you want to hit the beach, then grab a taxi to one of them. If you are looking for something more adventerous that includes the water, you may want to consider the waverunner Sea Doo tour of San Juan. Click on my link below for a link to their site. I personally haven't tried it, but I have read a couple of good reviews of the experience.

Have fun.

I personally don't recommend the beach with such a short time period. There are ok beaches in San Juan, but they are not exactly around the corner from the cruise dock. As traffic in San Juan can be pretty bad, I think it would be cutting it pretty close to get to the beach and back and have enough time to make it worth the trip. I would recommend walking around Old San Juan and going to see the forts if you have not done that, or taking the tour over to Bacardi Rum factory.

Archived