Teeth Whitening

aandb

Thanks for advice and stories of past experiences. The procedure was the GO SMILE that our tablemates had on the Freedom, but I 'll take everyone's advice and not get it done on ship. I wonder if the other teeth whitening on the other ships is the same.

Thanks everyone!!

Yes, that is what's on Freedom and it isn't as horrific as so many people that haven't experienced the treatment have described in this thread. Go Smile is not currently available on Jewel so like you did here, ask questions and read up before you try any treatment like teeth whitening on Jewel. Have a great cruise!

Thanks for advice and stories of past experiences. The procedure was the GO SMILE that our tablemates had on the Freedom, but I 'll take everyone's advice and not get it done on ship. I wonder if the other teeth whitening on the other ships is the same.

Thanks everyone!!

Yes its the same on the RCCL ships and the Princess ships. Afterward they give you a hard sell on buying the Go smile products.

Most over the counter whitening products have lower strength formulas. This is to reduce the inadvertent damage to the surrounding areas. Unfortunately the minds of many say "hey if it can work with one hour, why not all night" This has happened all to frequently.

The dental versions are significantly more stronger( it comes in tiered levels) Usually the active ingredient is carbamide Oxide, heat activates it further. The best way is via a custom mold that hugs against the teeth, the mold framwork has warm heat that causes the chemical reaction to start breaking down the outermost layers of organic portion of tooth tissue. The resultant outcome is a reduction of the tissue layer that forms the color of the tooth.

The Crest White Strip comes in various % of active ingredient. The Supreme is not sold in stores. The premium is the highest strength for consumers, which is about 1/2 strength.

There are different methods out there, some are highly ineffective. The fee is not always commensurate with the effectiveness. The first thing you have to do is be screened orally- to determine what method may be best and whether it would take care of the perceived problem. There are definitely people that would be poor choice; gum disease, smoker, heavy tea/coffee drinker, on certain medications, congenital pharmaceutical induced staining.

Hope this helps.

I went on my first cruise last March on Freedom of the Seas. There was teeth whitening available. Apparently this is a special technique. Our tablemates all got their teeth whitening and said if was cheaper than at the dentist.

We're going on our second cruise in March on Jewel of the Seas. Does anyone know if they provide teeth whitening or has anyone had this done. Please share any info. Thanks

When at ports i have seen crew in blue overalls whitening the sides of the ship with poles and rollers (especially after doing the canal) is this the same process? do the same staff do it? do they use smaller instruments? Is it hygenic as two of them may use the same bucket of RCI Whitener :D

Archived