Cabin 835 on Navigator

jettman

Hello

This will be our first cruise on Regent. We are loyal Celebrity cruisers at 10+ cruises. We are looking at cabin 835 on Navigator and were wondering if there is noise from the tender boats below the balcony. What has been your experience? Also, will this cabin feel the vibration that I've read about on this Board?

We would love to hear your thoughts on this ship, your experience with Regent, the food and service. We enjoy large balconies and dining in-suite a couple of times during the cruise. Since this category does not have butler service, will dining in-suite for dinner be a problem? We adopted Celebrity as our cruise line many years ago because we could get a 2 person table in the dining room. Any issues with this on Navigator?

Thanks!

Here is a link to my review on CC:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=35190

We were on deck 6 forward of the atrium, so did not have any vibration there. If you are aft of the atrium you might find some.

We enjoyed the in suite dining very much and loved the ship. We never heard any noise from the tenders.

You are looking at the suite next door to where we were last March/Aprill. There was absolutely no vibration. However, our cruise was relatively calm (W. Carribean). In terms of tender noise -- there was some noise -- for a short time on the days the tenders were used. This was considerably less noise than we heard when we were under the swimming pool deck on the Voyager. I would definitely stay in that suite again.

We always had breakfast in our suite -- the service was great -- breakfast arrived on time (almost to the minute -- amazing!). Having breakfast on the balcony is fun -- depending on the weather, you would probably enjoy this.

Lunch at Portofino was yummy -- the dining experience in the evening was fine the first time -- boring the second (food was not the problem -- just repetitive entertainment). People either "love" or "hate" this dining venue at night. Compass Rose was almost always good (if you order something you don't care for, simply order something else -- no problem).

I have not cruised on Celebrity. . . . however, crusing on one of Regent's luxury small/medium ships, is an amazing experience.

We have cruised both Regent and Celebrity. This past October we were on the Celebrity Constellation for a thirteen night New England - Canada cruise. That was our fifth cruise on Celebrity and probably our last. With a March 2007 Regent Mariner cruise to compare it to , we were just too spoiled by the food and service on Regent not to mention the smaller less crowded ship.

We are booked again this April on Regent Mariner and will now limit our cruising to the all inclusive smaller cruise lines.

The main stream cruise lines are not what they use to be. To keep the fares lower they have ruined their appeal to us with the nickle and diming all day .

I was in 840 on the other side 3 rooms down. I didn't have any problems.

While I have seen a few gaps in service on the Regent cruises I have been on, room service hasn't been one of them.

The food in the main dining room is very good, and there are nice choices. I don't think tables for two will be an issue.

The vibration my group felt was mostly in the lounges aft. This made for some interesting dancing one night.

There is an intimacy about this ship. It is a bit of a different layout than I was expecting, but I thought they really did a good job using the space, and I had a ball. I only wish I was on longer.

Archived