Holiday 1/24/08 too cheap or what?

PCCruiser05

I was on the Holiday 1/24/08 which was a 4 day cruise and was wondering why they didn't have "Carnival" playing cards to give out. Could it have been because it is a cheap trip and cards are only given out when it's a 5 day or longer?

Another thing is they didn't give out placemats in the dining room are they not giving them out anymore or is it once again the cheap 4 day trip that doesn't give them out?

Also I didn't get a ship pin is that only on the long cruises maybe I got one when there was a return guest party invite.

I had to beg for a "Carnival" pen and the only reason I did it because I had a first time cruiser with me and wanted them to get a pen but you would have thought they were made of gold and no way were they going to just hand one over.

I like the Holiday and have been on her 5 times but after this trip I'm not sure that I'm very happy with the way things are going. The ship may relocate to my hometown and I would be embarassed to recommend this ship to other and feel it might be money better spent to travel to New Orleans or Jacksonville. Even my PVP hasn't been a friendly after this trip like she was after the Legend or the Celebration trip.

Beverl

and was wondering why they didn't have "Carnival" playing cards to give out.

Also I didn't get a ship pin

OK... calling Carnival Cheap because you were too Cheap to pay for a deck of Carnival playing cards is just plain silly.

Did you check the ship store to see if they had any Carnival playing cards for sale...?

Not all ships give out ship pins... I've only been on one that did... The Carnival Pride. Maybe they only give them out on Spirit Class ships.

I was on the Holiday 1/24/08 which was a 4 day cruise and was wondering why they didn't have "Carnival" playing cards to give out. Could it have been because it is a cheap trip and cards are only given out when it's a 5 day or longer?

Another thing is they didn't give out placemats in the dining room are they not giving them out anymore or is it once again the cheap 4 day trip that doesn't give them out?

Also I didn't get a ship pin is that only on the long cruises maybe I got one when there was a return guest party invite.

I had to beg for a "Carnival" pen and the only reason I did it because I had a first time cruiser with me and wanted them to get a pen but you would have thought they were made of gold and no way were they going to just hand one over.

I like the Holiday and have been on her 5 times but after this trip I'm not sure that I'm very happy with the way things are going. The ship may relocate to my hometown and I would be embarassed to recommend this ship to other and feel it might be money better spent to travel to New Orleans or Jacksonville. Even my PVP hasn't been a friendly after this trip like she was after the Legend or the Celebration trip.

Beverl

So you won't recommend a ship because it doesn't hand out playing cards, a placemat or a pin? Wow!

My husband and I were just on the Holiday from 1/18 -1/24 and we were past guests and we both received a ship pin with our invitation to the past guest cocktail party that was placed under our cabin door.

I think you have to go to the past guest party to get the ship pin, not sure.

I never heard of getting free placemats in the dining room or pens with carnival on them. Sounds like I have been missing out and never knew it. See what you can learn here?

I dont have any of those free things. thank goodnes I brought my Princess playing cards on the RCL cruises, even the 7 day cruise because otherwise we wouldnt have been able to play bridge. Thats why I bring my own playing cards. Not worth taking a chance on the ship not having any left to give out.

I believe that the has to be a past guest party in order to get a pin. Of course, there is no past guest party on 4 day cruises. The placemats seem to be hit or miss. I sometimes get them and I sometimes don't. Not sure why that is. I have no idea about playing cards, as I don't play cards. If I did play, I would make sure to bring cards along.

I believe that the has to be a past guest party in order to get a pin. Of course, there is no past guest party on 4 day cruises. The placemats seem to be hit or miss. I sometimes get them and I sometimes don't. Not sure why that is. I have no idea about playing cards, as I don't play cards. If I did play, I would make sure to bring cards along.

Is this just the placemat under your plate at dinner, we can take them home with us? Ill have to look for them.

Is this just the placemat under your plate at dinner, we can take them home with us? Ill have to look for them.

The waiters give them out at the end of dinner on the last night. I hadn't gotten one for awhile so I thought they quit giving them out. Then I did get one on my last cruise on the Glory.

Beverl

Pin: 5 day cruises or longer

Cards: available for $$ at the shops onboard

Placemat (I'm assuming the lithograph with the ship's picture): Got one, stashed away. I'll be more than happy to send it to you.

It's interesting to read some of the things that will throw off someone's enjoyment of their vacation. I'm being totally honest.

Is this just the placemat

The paper placemat--which is about 12x18--is given to you following dinner the last night. You waiter/asst. waiter often sign it [a picture of the ship]. I may get one about 50% of the time. If I don't...no biggie

I don't think they give out decks of cards anymore, no matter what the cruise length. It's been years since I got any, but if I want them I can go buy some in the gift shop, they aren't expensive.

I haven't seen the placemats in awhile either, don't really need them, just more junk to cart home.

Terri

It's interesting to read some of the things that will throw off someone's enjoyment of their vacation. I'm being totally honest / I hear ya! The smallest things send some people into an uproar!

To be perfectly honest about the ship's lithograph (placemat), I am not a big fan or care much for them.

However, Here's my story:

I'll feel totally guilt ridden if I decline the placemat when the waiter is handing it over with the biggest smile, so I take it. Then I find myself walking back to the cabin wondering "what am I going to do with this when I get home??". On the way home I have NO clue where I packed what, but I sure know where that placemat is and I make SURE that it's not getting wrinkled.

When I finally get home, I'm still holding on to it because now I would feel guilty if I threw it away after carrying it all the way back home in mint condition. So it usually ends up in a closet stashed away with all other useless crap. Then I'll look a year later in that closet (usually after returning from another cruise with yet another ship's lithograph) and it will help me remember about the good ol' days of my previous cruise...

aaah, memories....

Archived