No Balcony, Aft Balcony or St. Balcony for Dec TA

Cruise Arizona

We are considering a December TA on the summit and would like to know from those of you who have had balconies on TA's in December were able to use them.

We had a regular balcony for our San Diego to Hawaii cruise in Nov of 95, but it was given to us by the upgrade fairy. We did use it once we got to the warmer waters near Hawaii.

In June of this year we had an aft Balcony for an Alaska cruise. We used that quite a bit and liked the fact that it was sheltered from the cool wind.

The cruise that we are looking at goes from Bacelona to the Canary Island and then to San Juan. So it is really more a southern Atlantic trip, but I am wondering whether or not the Balcony is worth it for that Itenerary in December.

We definitely enjoyed our balcony on all our transatlantics with all those sea days. However we have good weather on each one - so it is the luck of the draw. We have done a Barcelona to Ft Lauderdale transatlantic 4 times, September 2001, October 2003, November 2005, and December 2007. Out of all of them, the weather was the warmest on our Dec 07 crossing.

Suzanne, I did a TA in Mid-November, and found I had too many winter clothes! The temps were in the 80's all the way (Lisbon to Barbados) and the ocean was as smooth as a pane of glass. We had an outside cabin, and regretted not having a verandah.

Hope the trip works for you.

Andrew

Archived