South Beach??

celticd1

We are flying in a day early for our cruise in Jan. I originally wanted to stay on South Beach in the Art Deco district. I figure we will only have a few hours of daylight to see the beach (wich we both want to do) and then we could sight see around the Art Deco hotels that night. But after researching the hotels I am not so sure. We don't want to spend more than $125 per night (it's a Saturday night of course) but I also don't want to stay in a noisy dirty hotel. Can anyone suggest a place that has quick, easy beach access, walking distance to sightsee and close to resturants? Maybe not SOBE?

Thanks for all help!

Celticd1,
Check out the Beacon, Great location and fully restored in Sobe. May cost a couple more dollars than you wanted to spend ( shouldn't be much more) but it has a great location and great people watching and across the street from the beach.
mcboo

There is a Sheraton 4 points hotel right on the boardwalk which is probably reasonbly priced. They have a nice pool and breakfast. Our family always stays on SOBE precruise. I love having dinner at the Lincoln street mall the night before and waking up early the morning of our cruise and going for a long stroll on the boardwalk along side the ocean. It is the perfect way to start the vacation! Once we stayed at a hotel near the Miami port and never again. What a waste of a vacation evening and morning. There is a reason you can get a room for $38.00 through priceline at these hotels, you are getting what you pay for, nothing more.

I got the National Hotel 4* in south beach, off Expedia, for $99 a night. I usually use Priceline, but I couldn't find anything (end of May). This hotel is on the beach, and in the Art Deco area--sounds nice, never been there.
Good Luck!
Kel

Well, we booked the Atlantica Hotel and Resort. It is not on the beach, but it is in the Art Deco district. $80 with all taxes, etc.. Includes continental breakfast. If anyone has stayed there let me know. Every review I have read about it had been very positive.

Thanks for all the help!

Koolcruiser43......Yep, that's just how I felt about staying at a port or downtown hotel. I don't want to waste any time on my vacation!

We are staying at The National in a Cabana suite, yes it is expensive, but I really wanted to experience this place. My friends that are going down there at the same time (before our cruise) will be staying not even a 1/2 mile away at the Holiday Inn (on the beach) at a reasonable rate. They have pretty good reviews on tripadvisor.com - Check them out!

Good luck, and have loads of fun!!

[quote name='koolcruiser43']There is a Sheraton 4 points hotel right on the boardwalk which is probably reasonbly priced. They have a nice pool and breakfast. Our family always stays on SOBE precruise. I love having dinner at the Lincoln street mall the night before and waking up early the morning of our cruise and going for a long stroll on the boardwalk along side the ocean. It is the perfect way to start the vacation! Once we stayed at a hotel near the Miami port and never again. What a waste of a vacation evening and morning. There is a reason you can get a room for $38.00 through priceline at these hotels, you are getting what you pay for, nothing more.[/QUOTE]I was looking at this and I thought it looked far from Sobe. Can you tell me how far the hotel is from the Lincoln street mall?
Thanks.

[quote name='kelmac']I got the National Hotel 4* in south beach, off Expedia, for $99 a night. I usually use Priceline, but I couldn't find anything (end of May). This hotel is on the beach, and in the Art Deco area--sounds nice, never been there.
Good Luck!
Kel[/QUOTE]WOW. I checked expedia and got 300.00+ for one ight in March!:( You got a great deal. I'll keep looking.

paddy anne- Sheraton is about 2 blocks from Lincoln Rd. Holiday Inn (via priceline) is a good option for those who don't want to spend alot. It's about 6-7 blocks from Lincold Rd and Ocean Drive,an easy walk,at the northern end of S.B.

Archived