Shampoo/Conditioner on Freedom

bnjrsmom

This will be our first RCI cruise and I was hoping to cut back on the luggage we are taking. One space waster on our previous cruises was the 4 full size bottles of shampoo/conditioner I usually bring because on Princess I loved the shampoo/conditioner/lotion that was ship provided. In fact I tried to track down the lotion after the cruise and couldn't find it. I rarely like these amenities in hotels but was more than happy with what Princess provided.

My question is for anyone who has cruised on Freedom previously - what do you think of the shampoo/conditioner?

And before anyone asks why I bring 4 bottles - I am the mother of 2 teens in a separate room. My daughter and I both have long fine hair so a travel size bottle would never suffice.

I know...silly question - but I was curious.

Lisa

Actually, you can use about 1/4 of the amount of shampoo--the water is soooo soft, the shampoo will foam and lather for DAYS!!!! A pea-size amount, even for long hair, is plenty!!!

The stuff on RCI ships is not very good. It's the shampoo/conditioner combo--ick! Bring your own! (And bring 1/2 full bottles--you don't need a ton, and it will weigh less!)

This will be our first RCI cruise and I was hoping to cut back on the luggage we are taking. One space waster on our previous cruises was the 4 full size bottles of shampoo/conditioner I usually bring because on Princess I loved the shampoo/conditioner/lotion that was ship provided. In fact I tried to track down the lotion after the cruise and couldn't find it. I rarely like these amenities in hotels but was more than happy with what Princess provided.

My question is for anyone who has cruised on Freedom previously - what do you think of the shampoo/conditioner?

And before anyone asks why I bring 4 bottles - I am the mother of 2 teens in a separate room. My daughter and I both have long fine hair so a travel size bottle would never suffice.

I know...silly question - but I was curious.

Lisa

If the shampoo is anything like on Explorer I would recommend bringing your own. I personally will not use cheap shampoo which is what you usually find in the bathroom. You can always purchase additional on the islands it is usually about the same price as here.

Thank you, CB...that is what I needed to know. I hate the shampoo/conditioner combinations.

I see you are in Fredericksburg - we are north of you in Winchester. Can't wait to get away from all this cold.

Lisa

It is so hard to minimize the luggage. We are a family of 4 - so each person gets a suitcase - then we have 1 'shoe' suitcase, 1 bathroom suitcase - that also carries snorkeling gear, and then a dress bag...

My dh suggested that we each carry our own shoes/bathroom items in our own suitcases and see if that will get rid of 2 additional suitcases...but..I don't know.

30 days and counting...

Lisa

It is so hard to minimize the luggage. We are a family of 4 - so each person gets a suitcase - then we have 1 'shoe' suitcase, 1 bathroom suitcase - that also carries snorkeling gear, and then a dress bag...

My dh suggested that we each carry our own shoes/bathroom items in our own suitcases and see if that will get rid of 2 additional suitcases...but..I don't know.

30 days and counting...

Lisa

I hope your not flying but if you are I would highly recommend packing a little bit of everyones clothes in each suitcase. I know people that didn't and when one bag didn't show up one person is dining in a tux and the other in a Shipshape t-shirt.

A timely topic that I was going to ask about too. We just had an interesting conversation about packing the other night. I would like to trim us down to one suitcase each and a "utility" suitcase that doubles as a backpack....sort of a duffle bag with shoulder straps...so I can pull both suitcases and wear the backpack. If I bungee the couple carryons to the roller cases I ought to be able to lug it all Maybe hang one of the carryon backpacks on Sveagirl's wheelchair.

Key to trimming down the number of suitcases is not overpacking them so much they exceed airline 50lb limit. She insists on her special shampoo, conditioner and bodywash. We had already planned to transfer a quantity to smaller bottles and I suggested using ship provided shampoo/soap on alternate days to use even smaller bottles.

So....if they have crappy shamppo+conditioner combo can I assume skin lotion is not provided at all?

I always bring my own. Always want a good conditioner after a day of swimming in salt water. I use their shampoo to wash out my bathing suits. :) I don't take my own hair dryer. Theirs works good and then I have more room.

Archived