Captain's Club Question

crzfanatic

Does anyone know how they count your cruises for the Captain's Club? We joined the Captain's Club while on our first Celebrity Cruise. Does that first cruise count? I'm only asking because I recently took my 6th Celebrity Cruise and I was still a "Founder's Classic".

Andy...not sure why this matters to me...

Yes, the first cruise counts.

You get one cruise credit for the sailing itself; you receive another cruise credit if that sailing is longer than 12 nights (not sure about this number - it may be you receive the extra credit on a sailing of 9 nights or more - I hope another poster who knows for sure will correct); and finally you get yet another credit if your accommodations are in Concierge Class or higher. That means you can receive a maximum of three cruise credits on any one sailing.

Hope this helps.

Does anyone know how they count your cruises for the Captain's Club? We joined the Captain's Club while on our first Celebrity Cruise. Does that first cruise count? I'm only asking because I recently took my 6th Celebrity Cruise and I was still a "Founder's Classic".

You should have been bumped up after your 5th credit. Try calling them and asking. They may not have all your cruises listed. TBH, the only reason it mattered to me was for the reciprocal perks on RCCL. They're much better than on X............

You should have been bumped up after your 5th credit. Try calling them and asking. They may not have all your cruises listed. TBH, the only reason it mattered to me was for the reciprocal perks on RCCL. They're much better than on X............

Hi Operafan and Andy !

I agree that Andy should have been bumped up to the next level at this point, assuming all the information is accurate. I also believe that Claud925's information was accurate.

I would recommend calling Captains Club. I would suggest you have all sail dates and ships ready to review. The only problem is, is that Celebrity makes it VERY tough to get sailings added. In most all cases, they put the burden of proof on your shoulders. In my early Celebrity days, when I didnt know it paid to check, a few of our sailings were omitted. We were asked to send in anything to support our claim, such as cruise documents, or seapass card or a photo. Frankly, I feel that burden should be on Celebrity's shoulders and not mine.

If I may offer some advice.... We always ask for a copy of our booking to make sure our Captains Club numbers are on it, this way, we never have a problem. Also, I recommend you check your Cruise documents, to make sure your level is correct.

...you receive another cruise credit if that sailing is longer than 12 nights (not sure about this number - it may be you receive the extra credit on a sailing of 9 nights or more - I hope another poster who knows for sure will correct)...

It is 12 nights. We've taken a lot of 10 and 11 day cruises where we didn't get any extra credit for number of nights.

You also get two credits for booking a Concierge Class cabin!! :) :)

I do know that there is a maximum of 4 credits per sailing per Captain's Club member - 2 for CC cabins and 2 for either 12+ nights or 14+ nights!!

Does an FV cabin qualify for two credits?

From the Captains Club website regarding sailing credits:

Additional sailing credit on itineraries of 12 nights or more (maximum of three sailing credits per sailing)

Additional sailing credit for booking a Concierge Class stateroom or Suite (maximum of three sailing credits per sailing)

Well, I guess I will call them and see. From what everyone has said, I should have 7 credits as we did one 14 night cruise. We also had what is now a concierge class cabin on Millie but guess this won't count since it was pre-concierge class. Oh well, might at least get it corrected. I do have all of my room cards from all the cruises.

Thanks,

Andy

Ahhhh...the fun question is "DOES anyone know how they count?"

The answer is that they don't even know...

Not that I'm complaining, but I made "Elite" in THREE cruises!! You'd think that would be impossible since the website definitely says there's a maximum of three credits per cruise and you need 10 to make Elite...But, sure enough, after my third, I recveived a letter from Celebrity with official notification...and, by my fourth Celebrity cruise, I was treated as Elite...again, not that I'm complaining...

Okay, most of my X cruises were LONG ones 13-nighter on the Millennium, 13-night Alaska Cruisetour on Summit and 14-nighter on the Connie...and I've twice bought suites...but still? Only thing I can think of is that they gave me extra credit for bringing the kids...and booking them into a second suite?

But, whatever, I'm not complaining...I figure I've spent more on fewer cruises than the guy who books 10 off-season inside cabins on short Caribbean cruises (Heck, I put more $$$ into Celebrity's coffers on one Alaska cruisetour than that guy spent on all his cruises combined, so I can rationalize it easily)...

In any event, I guess the answer is that the accounting system is generally screwed up...don't complain if you're ahead...go ahead and be my guest if you're behind...Get ready to provide them with proof of all of your cruises if you think you've been shorted...Remember, their records just aren't that good--that's why they've shorted you in the first place...

For the record, I think I may have been shorted on the RCCL C&A accounting--though it's not even clear to me...I think I was "ahead" at one time there, but they seem to have missed some of my more recent cruises...still, I'm a Diamond and would be a long way from Diamond Plus in any event...and, to be honest, the only things that matter much to me there is the $100 balcony discount and the use of the Diamond Lounge...AND Celebrity has neither of those benefits...so, it's even less important here...

PS. Those double and triple credits only took effect in 2004...So, if your 14-nighter predated that, it would only be a single credit...

Does anyone know how they count a cruise in a Family Ocean View with Veranda? Is is like a Concierge Class room where you get an extra credit? Also, do you get the amenities of a Concierge Class room?

You do not get the extra credit, nor the amenities, of the CC room in the FV rooms. However, some people have reported getting some of the amenities on request from the stewards since the same steward will be taking care of several CC rooms as well.

I should have five credits as of my last sailing, which ended about three weeks ago. The website still lists me at Classic, but I have no idea how long it takes them to update the records. I will double check again before my next cruise on X to make sure it's updated. I have all of my documentation, I think, if it is necessary.

You do not get the extra credit, nor the amenities, of the CC room in the FV rooms. However, some people have reported getting some of the amenities on request from the stewards since the same steward will be taking care of several CC rooms as well.

Larry,

Do you know if you can get fruit smoothies anywhere on the ship? I know they are on the CC room service menu, but can you actually go to a food area on the ship and order one (particularly referring to Century if you know the answer).

Thanks

Archived