Driving to the Brooklyn Terminal

janetz

Can someone tell me if getting to the Brooklyn terminal is just an extension of the drive to the Manhattan port, West Side Highway thru the Brooklyn Battery Tunnel? We are now thinking of driving in from Mass. Any help would be of value. Thanks ahead, Jan :)

Can someone tell me if getting to the Brooklyn terminal is just an extension of the drive to the Manhattan port, West Side Highway thru the Brooklyn Battery Tunnel? We are now thinking of driving in from Mass. Any help would be of value. Thanks ahead, Jan :)

yes but that isn't the most direct way but if you are comfortable with that way stick with it....You can do it without ever going into Manhattan...but it may be easier if you drove this before.

Once thru the BBT you take the Hamilton Avenue exit just past the tolls and make two quick lefts...follow the signs.

yes but that isn't the most direct way but if you are comfortable with that way stick with it....You can do it without ever going into Manhattan...but it may be easier if you drove this before.

Once thru the BBT you take the Hamilton Avenue exit just past the tolls and make two quick lefts...follow the signs.

You, my friend are a wealth of information. :) We have been driven to the Manhattan port. Coming from MA, what is the more direct way? We hate to drive in but it seems we may have no choice. :confused: Driving in on Memorial Day (parades?) and heading back out on a Wed, June 4th. Blah

You, my friend are a wealth of information. :) We have been driven to the Manhattan port. Coming from MA, what is the more direct way? We hate to drive in but it seems we may have no choice. :confused: Driving in on Memorial Day (parades?) and heading back out on a Wed, June 4th. Blah

Is this actually Monday of labor day? If so unless you leave 4 am, will have problems.

I would suggest taking the train on this day and a cab from Penn Station....

But here are the directions use which ever way you prefer to Hartford or New Haven.Just past Hartford on route 91 south is the Merritt Parkway ct route 15,Just Past New Haven is the Merritt Parkway ct route 15 again take this south.It becomes the Hutchinson River Parkway which you take to the Bronx Whitestone Bridge over the Bridge stay to you right and follow the signs for the Grand central Parkway towards Laguardia airport....just past LGA airport on the Grand Central will be a sign that says BQE(278) towards Brooklyn.Take the BQE about 8 miles to the Atlantic Avenue exit.Make left at the and then the First right which will take you around to the entrance to the Brooklyn Cruise terminal-you make the right at Bowne St. note this last set of directions differ from almost every web site. This is shorter faster less turns and will probably have less traffic by the cruise terminal.

There are a myriad ways to get to either New Haven or Hartford from Mass I am sure you have your favorite. It may be that staying away from the Shore as much as possible will be best(the Hartford way) but no one can tell on Memorial day

Most likely we will grab the NY thruway from here and head down the Taconic. Yep, Monday, Memorial day is when we sail. So are you saying there are parades in route to the pier? I assume that is why you are telling me to leave at 4? We are 3 hours from NY. 45 minutes from Albany. Seems to be the cheapest way to go as we have 4 people and just the taxi (2) from Grand Central to port will be 25.00 each way. So thats over 100.00 plus tips for taxi. :) And thank you for taking the time to type in all those directions for me.

Most likely we will grab the NY thruway from here and head down the Taconic. Yep, Monday, Memorial day is when we sail. So are you saying there are parades in route to the pier? I assume that is why you are telling me to leave at 4? We are 3 hours from NY. 45 minutes from Albany. Seems to be the cheapest way to go as we have 4 people and just the taxi (2) from Grand Central to port will be 25.00 each way. So thats over 100.00 plus tips for taxi. :) And thank you for taking the time to type in all those directions for me.

no its 25.00 per cab! not per person....

people think sometimes NY is more expensive than it is. The $25.00 is what Princess charges....

The better way from Albany is to take the Palisades to the GW Bridge. There shouldn't be any parades on the highway. It was the beach/holliday traffic that I was worried about from MAss(thinking near Boston)....you are mostly going against traffic but the Thruway can get bad....

Archived