Missed GRAND CAYMENS Med. EMG. $25.00 Credit

Deb&Bert

I would be happy with the $25 per person credit...

Years ago when our Carnival cruise missed Grand Cayman due to rough seas, we expected, and received absolutely nothing.

It's good to hear that these days they are at least making a nice gesture. They don't HAVE to do anything.

Maureen

We missed one of the cays years ago and the ships captain got on the bull horn and said Free drinks the rest of the day but they were limited to bloddy marys and screw drivers.....that was a good day:D

I would be happy with the $25 per person credit...

Years ago when our Carnival cruise missed Grand Cayman due to rough seas, we expected, and received absolutely nothing.

It's good to hear that these days they are at least making a nice gesture. They don't HAVE to do anything.

Maureen

We missed one of the cays years ago and the ships captain got on the bull horn and said Free drinks the rest of the day but they were limited to bloddy marys and screw drivers.....that was a good day:D

Jeez dan... your just itching for an argument aren't ya

Let me ask you a question though... do you wear tights with your cheerleading skirt?

I didn't ask for opinions.. maybe the OP did but I didn't

I was posting my thoughts on it and if you even bothered to read my post and digest it, you would see that.

You're welcome to your opinion, I'm welcome to my opinion about your opinion.

You really want to get into namecalling with that childish cheerleading crap?

Very simply put. You cruise under a contract, that contract says you get nothing for a missed port, FOR ANY REASON. No matter their fault or not, any cruiseline, not just Carnival.

Any compensation is a GIFT.

To say its lame is a put down, pure and simple. So you put down, I cheer lead.

Cruises are not transportation from one point to another. They are cruises. They will go where they PLAN to go, all things permitting. But at sea there are many things that will not permit the plan to happen. It is the nature of the sea and a cruiseship regardless of its size is but a tiny speck on the surface of the ocean.

When we receive a gift aren't we supposed to appreciate the thought, not the gift itself?

You're one who thinks rules don't apply to you, and here Carnival breaks the rule in the pax favor and you pitch a bitch because its not enough. Wow.

Dan

I was also on this cruise. The only thing is Carnival is not using that port money that we paid for to the ports. So essientially they're making money off the situation and we're getting cheated out of at least 20 dollars or so. I just think we should of been compensated the full port charges we paid for. but I entirely understand what we signed up for.

All in all though it was my best cruise yet and can't wait to go on another next january.

I personally think 25 dollars is kinda skimpy. I mean think about... unless your booking a cruise to nowhere ,your booking a cruise to go to certain places. Lets say I'm diving in 2 outta 4 stops ( I am :D ) and cause of rough seas we can't dock or tender. Now I relize this is not Carnivals fault BUT I waited all year for this one vacation and paid thousands of dollars and they want to give me 25 bucks?:confused:

That being said I know its in the contract and I know they can't control the weather and I'm taking the risk.

I just think 25 bucks is lame.

You're welcome to your opinion, I'm welcome to my opinion about your opinion.

You really want to get into namecalling with that childish cheerleading crap?

Very simply put. You cruise under a contract, that contract says you get nothing for a missed port, FOR ANY REASON. No matter their fault or not, any cruiseline, not just Carnival.

Any compensation is a GIFT.

To say its lame is a put down, pure and simple. So you put down, I cheer lead.

Cruises are not transportation from one point to another. They are cruises. They will go where they PLAN to go, all things permitting. But at sea there are many things that will not permit the plan to happen. It is the nature of the sea and a cruiseship regardless of its size is but a tiny speck on the surface of the ocean.

When we receive a gift aren't we supposed to appreciate the thought, not the gift itself?

You're one who thinks rules don't apply to you, and here Carnival breaks the rule in the pax favor and you pitch a bitch because its not enough. Wow.

Dan

Them tights hiked up alittle high there danny boy?

I guess if your welcome to your opinion about my opinion the i'm welcome to my opinion about your opinion about my opinion.

your the only one here pitching a B*tch... but I guess wearing a skirt makes ya prone to hissy fits don't it.

Really Danny boy... re-read my post... I said

I know its in the contract, I know they can't control the weather, I know I'm taking a risk.

What rules??? who said anything about rules... who said anything about breaking rules???

Trying to switch the subject:rolleyes:

Yeah....you can file a claim, but for what? If you lost money due to something you booked but couldn't do like an excursion that is a quantifiable amount but simply missing a port? How does one place a monetary value for the purpose of an insurance claim? Carnival puts a $25 value for good will, port charge, fill in the blank. You insurer may tell you you have already been compensated and are trying to double-dip.

Actually after reviewing my policy, I don't put a value on it, the Insurance Service did. It states in my policy that if there is a change in Itinerary, then we receive $250.00. I called to confirm it meant what I thought and I was told, that if we missed a port then we would each recieve that amount. The amount that Carnival would be giving back would be for "good will, port charge, fill in the blank" would merely be deducted from the $250.00 per person.

I was also on this cruise. The only thing is Carnival is not using that port money that we paid for to the ports. So essientially they're making money off the situation and we're getting cheated out of at least 20 dollars or so. I just think we should of been compensated the full port charges we paid for. but I entirely understand what we signed up for.

All in all though it was my best cruise yet and can't wait to go on another next january.

Kyle,

You did not pay any "port charges," you paid non-commissionable fees that are often, wrongly, still called port charges, but they are not. Since 1997, if a cruiseline does charge "port charges" it must be the exact amount they paid to the governing body and if they missed that port they would be required to refund that exact amount. That's why no cruise line still charges port charges.

And very often the cruiselines pay an annual amount to a port for all their stops. If they miss any stops there is no credit from the port, if they make extra stops they are charged more for them.

But you had a great cruise and are looking forward to another. I share that attitude.

Dan

Inquiring minds want to know!:D :cool: ;) Where in Jamaica did you tie the knot? Details............:)

Just in case he can't make it back to answer I will tell you it was a lovely ceremony at the Shaw Park Beach Hotel. It was right on the water and they looked absolutely lovely. They are a wonderful couple and although this was not what they originally planned they completely rolled with the punches and truly "made lemonade" in a bad situation. I give them a lot of credit for not completely melting down. And again I give Carnival a lot of credit for not pulling the "it's not our fault" baloney and helping them out.

I guess if your welcome to your opinion about my opinion the i'm welcome to my opinion about your opinion about my opinion.

your the only one here pitching a B*tch... but I guess wearing a skirt makes ya prone to hissy fits don't it.

I know its in the contract, I know they can't control the weather, I know I'm taking a risk.

What rules??? who said anything about rules... who said anything about breaking rules???

i feel your pain, why can't someone make an innocent comment or opinion without getting snippy and snide comments directed at them for absolutely no reason?:confused:

I too was on this ship. The boat was travelling at 41km/hr. The map board posts the speed in both knots and kms. I think that is around 20knots.

41km/hr = 25.47mph = 22.11 knots The Liberty's top speed is 22.5 knots.

Dave

OP, I hope you don't mind if I take a short hijack of this thread for the few minutes it will take someone to answer my question. Sorry I can't pay $25.00! ;) If I may intrude on the sandbox for just a minute; since we are on the subject of missing ports, in theory (please note this part this has never happened to me or anyone I know!) if you miss a port and you have shore excursions booked through CCL would CCL reimburse you for the missed excustion(s) or would you have to file with you insurance policy (assuming you bought one)? I now return you to your testosterone fest.

If the ship cannot make a port call at which the ship has sold shore tours, the cost of the tour is refunded without penalty. If the tour was booked onboard the vessel the refund will appear as a credit on your sign and sail account. If the tour was booked in advance, the refund will be made as a credit to the account used to pay for the tour.

WE sailed at 40 knotts for over 5 HOURS.

Going back TOWARDS KEY WEST is what they told us.

WoW! Northrop Grumman must have completed the new Ford class carrier way ahead of schedule...that or UG has finally taken my advice about a nuclear power plant ;) :p

Dan...Dan...Dan ;)

Thanks YST! Just one of those little nagging thoughts that came to mind. We already booked and paid for our tours through CCL for this cruise so no big deal. I'm not looking for any sort of compensation above the cost, just wanted to be sure they would refund the cost if it ever happened. We've had a lot of really weird things happen on vacations over the years so we have learned to roll with the punches and make it up as we go if things change.

The truth a problem for you? You can promote rule breaking for your pleasure on one thread and deny it on another? But of course, you're above logic and truth too. I should have realized Your Worship.

And calling a gift out of the blue, lame,---is lame.

A $25.00 credit on a ship of ONLY 2500 pax is $62500. Would $50.00 make you happy or would that just be less lame? Then it would only be $125000.00 out of pocket for a COMPANY that holds a contract saying they owe nothing. When does it become unlame? When they have gone out of business and shot the Cap.?

And you may continue the childish "tights" business until your runny nose clears up and you start school.

Dan

Archived