Suite Selection - Mariner of the Seas

oduphd

My husband and I are considering the Mariner of the Seas cruise from Los Angeles to Vancouver for May 2005. Any recommendations on the various types of suites offered on this ship? We definitely enjoy quiet time in our cabin as well as the balcony so this is important to us. We'd appreciate any feedback!

Everthing up thru a Category D are the exact same suites. If you want something larger, look at the penthouse C - they are on Deck 9 and absolutely wonderful If you want to have the Butler Service, then you need to move up to at least a Category B or A, they are exactly the same as Cat C, but have the butler service, and are a deck or two above. Now from there you are talking prime suites, and there are several possibilities on Mariner, Horizon, Seven Seas - aft and foreward, Mariner, Grand and of course the ultimate Master Suites. The only difference from Category B and the rest of these is the size and layout, otherwise you get the same service with the Butler etc. Below a category B, you get the normal service, which I might add is wonderful in itself. When we were on the Mariner last year, we splurged on a category B with Butler service, and our suite was absolutely wonderful and fantastic and we loved the extra room - our butler was on his first trip, so we helped him a lot, and it was nice, but not particularly necessary - probably would consider the Cat C next time if we wanted the extra large room. We are going on Navigator next week, and have a regular suite and are fine with it - no butler.

Sooooo. bottom line is how much space do you want?? If you spend a lot of time in the room and like a lot of space consider the Cat C - if you want the added amenitiy of the Butler, go for a cat B or higher - if you just want regular suite, then look at the deck plan and decide the location that works best for you. Every room on the Mariner is wonderful, not to mention the service, food, staff, etc, etc, etc.

JoAnn:D

Hi!

I would refer you to Radisson's website (www.rssc.com) to check out the suite locations, sizes, and categories, but the part of the site that shows the deck plans is down (at least for me) right now. Honestly, many people who cruise on this ship just book the lowest cost suite, because it is certainly good enough for most people and purposes. As I recall, it is about 270 square feet, with a balcony of about 50 square feet. One would have to do considerable upgrading on almost all other cruise lines to get a suite this good! We have found that, on the Mariner, there is no need to be concerned about the location of the suite due to vibration or any issue like that, which needs to be considered on some other ships. So any location is good. In fact, the lower category suites tend to be lower on the ship than the higher category ones. This means that you will have a smoother ride in them than on the higher decks.

The only possible problem with the lower category, "standard" balcony suites is that they have a tub and shower combination, which leaves only about 6'2" of headroom in the shower. Taller folks have a problem with this, while us "shorties" don't.

Hope this helps,

Richard:) :) :)

• 1 month later...

Archived