Miami Bayside Market and Boat tour

want2know

We are searching for something to do post-cruise until it is time to catch our flight back home (3:30pm) on April 5th from the Liberty of the Seas.

I have read about Bayside Market which looks fairly close to the cruise port and that there is a boat tour of the neighboring islands to view the expensive homes and view the cruise ships.

Does anyone know anything about these two subjects? How far is it from the port to Bayside Market? It looks more than just walking distance - any recommendations for transportation to the market? What is the name of the company that does the boat tour? I realize there may be unforeseen delays docking, but on average, what kind of time frame has it been taking for passengers to get off the ship?

Thanks in advance for any info.

It's not a short walk, especially with luggage! Take a cab--it's about 5 min.

If the ship docks at 7am, you should be off by 8:30--possibly earlier.

It's going to be a loooong day, waiting for that flight! No way to take an earlier one?

Bayside has some touristy shopping and some restaurants...food is mediocre. It's a nice place to stroll and kill some time. If you are on deck when you leave port and/or return, you will see most of the home's you'll see on the tour anyway, although they will probably tell you more about the homes.

Our flight wasnt until 9.15pm :( :( :( so we had to do something and picked a tour of the Art Deco District and the cruise round the bay. We couldnt get to the ADD as there was a marathon on and lots of streets were closed but we enjoyed the trip round the bay despite seeing the houses from the ship. We even had dolphins swimming behind the boat.

As stated you will need a cab from the port to Bayside and I believe the price was around $22 dollars for the boat trip. You can while away a couple of hours at Bayside which is pleasant enough.

It's been a while since I was in Miami, but I have a magnet here on my wall from the Seaquarium. I think is was a post cruise excursion that we purchased on the ship along with transfers.

I was a nice enough place to spend the afternoon and have some lunch

Archived