Earliest flight out of San Juan

lgbcruise

I posted a similar question sometime ago as I have a Sunday departure in June from San Juan after debarking from the AOS. I was told by many that the airport can be a mess on changeover cruise days and that scheduling anything earlier than noon would be risky. (especially if there are numerous ships in port that day)

That being said......I've seen other posts by people who have left around 10:00 AM but I'm not that much of a risk taker.

Good luck.

It's all about how much risk do you want to take and how badly do you need to get home. This year, our flight out is 11:00 am.

When we were on the AOS a few years ago, I had four friends make a 9:30 am flight with no problems. They were the first ones off the ship by 7:45 am and checking in at the airport by 8:15 am.

However, if there are any problems clearing the ship, etc... and there is a delay on disembarkation, then you may miss an early flight and due to the volume of cruisers may not get another flight out until the following day.

"You've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya?”

Last Saturday, disembarked Crown at 8:15am, located luggage, taxi to airport, sitting at the gate by 9:10 to catch our 9:45am flight. Had time to grab more rum at the duty-free store. Two other couple closely behind, all hussled and made their flights. Wouldnt recommend such an early flight but only opinion for us at the time.

All I know is we used American curbside checkin & it saved us a bunch of time. The lines inside the airport were enormous & you had to wait for checked luggage to be inspected.

Since when does American offer curbside check-in in San Juan? They didn't on all of our last cruises and according to their website they still don't offer it there. It would be great if they did and I would love to know.

Since when does American offer curbside check-in in San Juan? They didn't on all of our last cruises and according to their website they still don't offer it there. It would be great if they did and I would love to know.

Late April, 2007 return 1st week of May 2007 we flew round trip on American Airlines from SFO to SJ for AOS. Stayed 1 night post cruise & flew back on Mon morn. At San Juan on return we did curbside checkin for our flight because of the huge lines inside. I'm almost positive it was a "dedicated" American Airlines checkin station, small cost attached. There was also a checked bag inspection at curbside next to the checkin station. It was immediately outside of the terminal area for American.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived