Inspiration Question

kruisecat

Hi! I just got off Liberty on Saturday and had a really fantastic time. A friend of mine wants us to go on a cruise together in April and since I had such a positive experience on Liberty I want to give Carnival another try. Inspiration home ports right in Tampa which would be a great thing for us as we are only an hour from the port and would not have to pay for parking. Just wondering how the 2 ships compare? I know that Inspiration is an older ship I'm just curious about opinions out there.

Thanks!

Hi! I just got off Liberty on Saturday and had a really fantastic time. A friend of mine wants us to go on a cruise together in April and since I had such a positive experience on Liberty I want to give Carnival another try. Inspiration home ports right in Tampa which would be a great thing for us as we are only an hour from the port and would not have to pay for parking. Just wondering how the 2 ships compare? I know that Inspiration is an older ship I'm just curious about opinions out there.

Thanks!

Inspiration may be older but she just went through an extensive renovation, Evolutions of Fun! http://www.carnival.com/CMS/Static_Templates/Promos/evolutionsoffun/water_splash.aspx

She was the first Carnival vessel I ever sailed on and I'm sailing on her again in April. She a somewhat smaller, more intimate ship. You'll love her!

Hi, I can't compare to any other ship, but we just sailed on the Inspiration from 1/19-1/24 and had a wonderful time. The renovations look wonderful, the cabins are new, clean, and comfortable. The decks are fun and pretty. You'll have a great time!

Inspiration may be older but she just went through an extensive renovation, Evolutions of Fun! http://www.carnival.com/CMS/Static_Templates/Promos/evolutionsoffun/water_splash.aspx

She was the first Carnival vessel I ever sailed on and I'm sailing on her again in April. She a somewhat smaller, more intimate ship. You'll love her!

Hey Mach! Thanks for the link. Liberty was the biggest ship we've been on and while we enjoyed it a ton I'm really a small ship gal at heart :p So it appears that Inspiration may be a good fit. One other question, it appears that the only balconies available are suites is this true? My friend suffers a little from claustraphobia and needs a balcony so if this is the case I suppose we'll just have to upgrade ourselves :D

Hey Mach! Thanks for the link. Liberty was the biggest ship we've been on and while we enjoyed it a ton I'm really a small ship gal at heart :p So it appears that Inspiration may be a good fit. One other question, it appears that the only balconies available are suites is this true? My friend suffers a little from claustraphobia and needs a balcony so if this is the case I suppose we'll just have to upgrade ourselves :D

Yep... you're dead on regarding the balconies. I've got a Cat 12 for my sailing on the 3rd of April. All the cat 12 cabins are on the Upper deck. The cat 11s on the Verandah deck are balcony cabins as well.

We sailed on Inspirition in October and we thought it was wonderful!! It is a beautiful ship. But the best thing is we also live about an hour from Tampa so it was very nice not to have to drive 3 to 5 hours to get to port. We are set to sail on it again this October.

Archived