Cape Liberty - Ease of Access?

dannyandrew2002

We will be cruising on the Explorer in May 2008 from Cape Liberty. We'll be driving there as we live 2 hours away. We've driven to Port Canaveral and Miami. Both were very easy for access - pay for parking, drive to the ship and drop off luggage, park the car and walk to the ship.

From some posts I've read here, I see all sorts of comments regarding Cape Liberty, some good and bad.

I would appreciate any insight as to the ease of access when driving to Cape Liberty, i.e. is it the same process as described above for the Florida ports? If not, what can we expect?

Thanks for your help....

:cool:

We will be sailing out of Cape Liberty next month and I have been waiting a few weeks for responses to your exact questions. It seems that no one with recent experience is looking at these new "Departure" threads.

I've driven there several times from LI - it is VERY easy.

Once you are at the port, you drive to the terminal to drop your luggage and then go straight back to the parking lot. I had no problems but I also made sure I got there AFTER the cruise prior to mine disembarked . I got there at 12:30 or 12:45 and had no problems at all.

If you get there earlier, it is chaos with the prior passengers disembarking. The lot will still be full of cars for those passengers who haven't gotten off the ship yet.

Waiting a little later is much easier, especially if the prior ship gets in late, which happens all the time at the NY piers.

If you take a look at my pictures, the third picture is of the parking lot from the ship:

http://travel.webshots.com/album/561630920SCVXTK

We will be sailing out of Cape Liberty next month and I have been waiting a few weeks for responses to your exact questions. It seems that no one with recent experience is looking at these new "Departure" threads.

I have sailed out of Bayonne many times ( most recent 12/2/07) and it's a simple thing to do unless the ship is delayed and then you just wait in traffic that's all. You will pull up and park in a unloading spot, porters take your luggage and then you pull out ( takes 5 minutes or less ) and drive to parking lot, pay for car and park and walk back to terminal. Have passport/ID out and go into the building, go thru scanner, if you are in a JS or higher or Plat/Diamond you will go to priority boarding which is to the left. There will be a sign and they will check off your name and then you can enter the check in area. Check in at counter, they take your pic, hand you seapass and then you walk out the back door and board a bus for a few minute ride to the ship. They really have it down to a science!

For more port info go to www.cruiseliberty.com click on parking/directions for info.:)

Suzanne

PLEASE NOTE!

For those that are cruising soon please note the new rules that are also found on the RCCL website so you are at the pier in plenty of time to board

Due to new government regulations requiring cruise lines to submit final departure manifests at least 60 minutes prior to sailing, guests are requested to complete Online Check-in no later than 3 days prior to their cruise. If you do not complete Online Check-in 3 days prior, you will be required to complete this process at the pier at least two hours prior to the published sailing time.

Please note: All guests must be checked-in and onboard the ship no later than 90 minutes prior to the published sailing time or you will not be permitted to sail.

Archived