What would you suggest...

Oma24boys

My husband and I are going on a cruise with two other couples in November and I am trying to put together a gift basket for my lady friends. I found the most wonderful straw tote bags from Coldwater Creek for $4.97 each. Now...I need to add some "goodies" to the bags. I am trying to stay inexpensive. I have gotten aloe body lotion, bandaids, antibacterial hand gel and have ordered the hand spa from Mary Kay. I am also going to add cruise stickers for scrapbooking. Any other inexpensive suggestions? Thanks!:)

Make the disposable camera a underwater camera. (you can take pictures outside of water also. Suncreen- small bottles of woolite. maybe a small photo album. The highliters to highlite what they want to do for the day. an insulated coffee mug.

[quote name='serene56']Make the disposable camera a underwater camera. (you can take pictures outside of water also. Suncreen- small bottles of woolite. maybe a small photo album. The highliters to highlite what they want to do for the day. an insulated coffee mug.[/QUOTE]Thank you...shopping for items are going to be so much fun! I forgot, I did buy a little photo album for each bag. The underwater camera is a great idea! I have my own because I am a bit spoiled but for my friends the disposible will be great even if they bring their own. And the Woolite will definetely come in handy especially for washing out swimwear! Thanks for the input!:)

[quote name='imsulin']Lip balm (sunscreen), aloe gel for sunburn, a cute sunhat, and a water wallet.[/QUOTE]imsulin...what great input! Summers sales must still be going on so I will keep my eyes open for sunhats and I never even thought of a water wallet! Thank you!:)

Maybe an inexpensive lanyard for their sail and sign cards, possibly a sun visor, a small journal for them to write in each night. What a fun and thoughtful idea! If it were me, I would also include a split of champagne to celebrate the sail-away.

Have a fun cruise!

[quote name='Happy ks']Maybe an inexpensive lanyard for their sail and sign cards, possibly a sun visor, a small journal for them to write in each night. What a fun and thoughtful idea! If it were me, I would also include a split of champagne to celebrate the sail-away.

Have a fun cruise![/QUOTE]
Kathy...awesome ideas! I could put stickers on the journal or maybe personalize it somehow. And...the lanyard...I completely forgot about that! The three couples could really sail-away in style with the champagne! I will make sure to have these items on my shopping list! Thank you!:)

Maybe a book or some tourist brochures about the ports that you are visiting. That is, if you haven't got excursions booked there already and you can do it yourself. Possibly some flip-flops if you know their shoe size and they like flip-flops.

[quote name='joto']Maybe a book or some tourist brochures about the ports that you are visiting. That is, if you haven't got excursions booked there already and you can do it yourself. Possibly some flip-flops if you know their shoe size and they like flip-flops.[/QUOTE]I thought about a book but wasn't sure what would be a good read but the maybe giving each couple a different book on the different ports would be fun. And...flip flops, especially if I can find the time to decorate them would be great! I am trying to think of a good "quote" to iron on matching t-shirts. Thanks for the great ideas!:)

check out the iron decals here. Look for beach scenes or tropical

[url]http://www.proworldinc.com/[/url]

I been thinking of getting embrordered shirts for our cruise. The shirts are only like $4-5 and depending on what design you get it could be additional $10-$15 more for a nice t-shirt with name/dates of cruise on it.

Dawn
NOS1/22/05

Antibactirial gel or those individually wrapped towelets...those are nice to throw in your beach bag to get the sand off your hands when eating or whatever. Re-usable water bottle or insulated mug...nice to be able to carry water or whatever around with you and not ahve to keep refilling those tiny water cups they give you.

[quote name='cupidbaby99']check out the iron decals here. Look for beach scenes or tropical

[url="http://www.proworldinc.com/"]http://www.proworldinc.com/[/url]

I been thinking of getting embrordered shirts for our cruise. The shirts are only like $4-5 and depending on what design you get it could be additional $10-$15 more for a nice t-shirt with name/dates of cruise on it.

Dawn
NOS1/22/05[/QUOTE]
Cupid: Thank you for the link...I visited the site and I just think I may be able to find something for a t-shirt. We have a nice embroidery place close to home...maybe I will check them out also. Again, thank you!:)

[quote name='Hapinowagain2']A small size container of baby powder. They say it is great for getting the sand off your feet at the beach.[/QUOTE]
[b][color=black][font=Arial]HAPINOWAGAIN2...I had heard about baby powder but did not think about putting it on my list. Thank you for the reminder![/font]:) [/color][/b]

[quote name='groovybaby76']Antibactirial gel or those individually wrapped towelets...those are nice to throw in your beach bag to get the sand off your hands when eating or whatever. Re-usable water bottle or insulated mug...nice to be able to carry water or whatever around with you and not ahve to keep refilling those tiny water cups they give you.[/QUOTE]
GroovyBaby76...got the antibactirial get and have the wet towels on my list. Headed for Wal-Mart today to find insulted mugs. Thanks for the great input!:)

Thanks to everyone who have replied and others who I hope will reply...the following is my shopping list, so far. I am headed to Wal-Mart today to see what I can get.

Shopping List:

PostIt Notes
Cute Pens
Disposable Underwater Cameras
Small Woolite and Washing Detergent
Highlighters
Lip Balm with sunscreen
Sunhat/Visor
Water Wallet
Lanyard
Journal
Split of Chapagne (will get at World Market)
Bug Repelent
Insulated Mugs
Wet Wipes in travel pack size
Baby Powder

Wow! This will be fun watching them going through their bags and I will have one for myself!

:) :D :) :D

[quote name='Mom4Nana2']What a great idea. I'm sure your friends will be very pleased with all their "stuff". Icall myself the "bag lady" because I love bags of all types and of course when they have all those goodies in them it's that much better. Sharon[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the encouragement! I am so excited about going with these two friends and their husbands!:)

Archived