Ncl Bags Program

mew1

Are you referring to the laundry bag program? If you are we found the program to be a good value. The bag is a good size and you can really cram alot into it. The cost is $20. Doesn't really cut down on the amount of clothing to bring b/c it was returned on the second last day. Did safe on laundry back home.

I think mew1 meant the luggage program. :)

I posed this question on another thread but haven't gotten an answer so I'll ask here.

In one review it mentioned that NCL printed your boarding passes for you as well as checking your bags. Is this true? Did I misunderstand?

Is American Airlines one of the participating airlines?

This would be awesome and well worth the money. I wouldn't even care if it took a couple days to get my bags. It would just postpone having to do all that laundry. :p

Has anyone used this program, what was your opinion of it

thanks

Mew1

Yes, we used it off the Jewel in Dec 2006 and off the Pearl Nov 2007 in Miami. It worked great. You'll get boarding passes on board and you can go straight to the gate. Well worth it.

Yes, we used it off the Jewel in Dec 2006 and off the Pearl Nov 2007 in Miami. It worked great. You'll get boarding passes on board and you can go straight to the gate. Well worth it.

Same answer I just got on the other thread. I'm a happy camper!

Thanks! :)

I am curious to know how this works as well. I am flying Jet Blue and how would I find out if they participate? I have a long wait before my flight leaves FLL after our cruise. It would be nice to get rid of the luggage and do some sightseeing in Fort Lauderdale :D

I have had the unfortunate experience of lost luggage when the airline did it

I don't think I want to go through that, I have wheels, and only one check in bag pp. And I only carry one carry one small bag, I hate dragging too much luggage and have learned to roll the clothes to make things fit better. I am a weaky so I keep the bags as light as possible. I am going to catch a cab at the port, that will help a lot.

thanks for all the input.

Mew1

We just got home today and used it. We traveled with American Airlines, we got our bags and we flew LAX-ORD-BUF and even flew the "redeye". We have friends that used it on the same sailing. Same redeye route, but on United. They (United) "cannot locate" any of their luggage. According to United in BUF, it was last scanned in ORD. It is worth the $15.00, but we had to check in ourselves at ORD. NCL printed only our boarding passes for LAX. Our friends on United were checked all the way through with boardig passes. NCL has a very poor excuse for customer service staff at the desk whom could not explain why we were not checked all the way through as the literature promised. No supervisor to speak with and the same canned answers. Our concern was that we had no documentation indicating where our luggage was going and wanted to know if we needed to claim or bags in Chicago. You do not get a receipt for this either. I was pleasantly surprised to get all 3 of my bags but unhappy with NCL customer service. That shall be saved for my complete review of this sailing. I do not recall Jetblue as an available airline, but I could be wrong about that. You may want to check with Jetblue. I've had fantastic customer service from them in the past.

We used the NCL "BAGS" program when onboard Pride of Hawaii 8/06. We had 7 in our group and were flying 3 different airlines (AA, UAL, and NWA). It was very convenient and everyone got their luggage. Only problem was that the luggage had to be put out the night before so unless you had a carryon there was no place to store toiletries for the morning.

We are on the Spirit out of New Orleans next week and they do not offer this service from that port. I don't know if it has something to do with the fact that our bags have to clear customs before we leave the port or not. They offer a different service for $25 pp that takes your bags to the airport for you but they are kept at an NCL desk and then you have to go get them and check in etc. Not as good a deal but still better than lugging luggage around if you have a late flight out.

It appears to be port dependent as well as participating airline.

Sorry Gang, I posted the WRONG info, on the ncl site you must go to the bottom of home page, guest already cruising, then Prepare for your cruise (bottom middle) then under freestyle connections you find about the BAGS program, I tried to copy but it did not work.

thanks for the positive reviews, I am going to try it being the dh won't be only this time, and take the same gamble you take anytime you fly with the airlines and your luggage.

again thanks

mew1

I am curious to know how this works as well. I am flying Jet Blue and how would I find out if they participate? I have a long wait before my flight leaves FLL after our cruise. It would be nice to get rid of the luggage and do some sightseeing in Fort Lauderdale :D

FLL offers bag storage. I think it's $5 per bag.

FLL offers bag storage. I think it's $5 per bag.

Yeah, that was another thought I had in mind. I would feel better using the bag storage I think. Only issue is they close at 5:30pm (I believe I read somewhere) which wouldn't be late enough for me since my flight doesn't leave until almost 9pm. :rolleyes:

We just got home today and used it. We traveled with American Airlines, we got our bags and we flew LAX-ORD-BUF and even flew the "redeye". We have friends that used it on the same sailing. Same redeye route, but on United. They (United) "cannot locate" any of their luggage. According to United in BUF, it was last scanned in ORD. It is worth the $15.00, but we had to check in ourselves at ORD. NCL printed only our boarding passes for LAX. Our friends on United were checked all the way through with boardig passes. NCL has a very poor excuse for customer service staff at the desk whom could not explain why we were not checked all the way through as the literature promised. No supervisor to speak with and the same canned answers. Our concern was that we had no documentation indicating where our luggage was going and wanted to know if we needed to claim or bags in Chicago. You do not get a receipt for this either. I was pleasantly surprised to get all 3 of my bags but unhappy with NCL customer service. That shall be saved for my complete review of this sailing. I do not recall Jetblue as an available airline, but I could be wrong about that. You may want to check with Jetblue. I've had fantastic customer service from them in the past.

Friends "lost luggage" located and delivered to their home the same evening.

• 1 month later...

I just returned from my cruise on the Sun and thought I would let everyone know how it worked out. I used the "bags program" offered with the ship. It worked out perfectly. You have a little form to fill out and hand into reception. Only certain airlines participate with it though. I do not have the paper to read them off to you guys though. I know JetBlue was one of them. The night before you leave you will get white colored tags to put on your bags. You have to have them packed and outside your room by 1am the night before the morning you leave. You then wait for your color tag to be called. We were second off the ship after the express people got off (guys who take their own bags off) Once off you go through customs and down to a huge storage area. You find your bags by color (they already have them seperated) and then bring them to the bags program people. That is the last time you will see your bags until you get to your final destination. You also get a boarding pass with your white tags so you won't have to stand in line to check in. Just stand in line for the TSA Metal Detectors. It costs $16 and I think it was worth it.

Hope this helps someone out ;)

It's called Easy Fly and we used it it Hawaii, they did print out the boarding passes and sent our luggage to the airport and it was great. I am not sure if they are are using this program anywhere else, you can call NCL and ask.

Pat

Vancouver has a special one called US Direct. You have to buy the cruiseline transfer to the airport first off. Then it was $15 for the USDirect. I did not have to touch my bags from the time I put them outside our cabin door until I picked them up at baggage claim in Atlanta. That particular program was for US citizens flying withh confirmed reservations within a certain timeframe only. (anyone on standby or with airline discount/standby tickets: no reservation could not use it). You could not use it if you were going to overnight in Vancouver. You only had your carryon bag to take to immigration/customs.

In the above posts, do you have to use cruiseline transfers to the airport? Thanks

In the above posts, do you have to use cruiseline transfers to the airport? Thanks

I didn't read anywhere that you had to use the cruiseline transfer in order to use the "bags program." I did already in advance have the cruiseline transfer purchased before I even cruised.

My wife and I used this service in Miami when we sailed on the NCL Pearl Oct 2007. We had her parents with us and our two grandson's in tow. I must say this service was worth every penny we spent. With the preprinted bag tags and boarding pass we flew right to the gate. With my mother in law using a wheel chair and a 3 & 5 year old it was a piece of mind to know we would not have to worry about luggage until we landed in Baltimore. If you have a lot of bags and or small children traveling with this is a great service you need to try. Happy Sailing

Archived